Chapter 3

Grace's POV
After I got introduced to everyone, I told Dad the story how I survived. From the beginning til now.

Flashback (how they got separated) (Grace is 10 years old)
"Stay 'ere, me and Merle will be back. Just make sure the door stays closed and ye quiet! We knock three times when we' back" dad told me as he and uncle Merle were about to go and lure the walkers away from us. Well that's how Dad and Merle call these things. We got attacked and we found a little house in the forest.

"Don't leave me alone dad" I whisper and start crying. The banging on the walls got louder and louder and I started hearing more moans. "shh, G, listen to me. Ye can do this. I know ye can. You're strong.." he says and pulls out a gun and a box. "stick the gun between your belt" he says. I do as I was told and he hands me the box. "Here are knifes. If a walker comes and attacks ye just stab it in the head, or try to stab it in the eye. It'll be easier for ye" he says.

"wh-what?!" I say. "G, stab it! Don't let it scratch or bite ye! Use the gun just in an emergency! And if somethin' happens or if ye need help run out and shoot three times in the air, and run back in here. I will be there!"

I started crying more and looked down. "Grace, listen to me! You're strong! Ye can do this! Ye are ma little girl! I love you! You're a Dixon!" He says. I hug him. "I love you Daddy!" I say. "I love ye too, G" he whispers.

We pull away and I hug uncle Merle. "I love you" I say. "I love ye too. Stay save. We'll be back" uncle Merle says and kisses my forehead. He wipes my tears away and says "Don't cry, Dixons don't cry" He says and smiles at me. He used to tell me this everyday. I smile and nod.

After Dad and Merle left, the banging and the moans disappeared. I stayed quiet till I heard footsteps. I froze and tried to be as quiet as possible. The footsteps came closer and I heard a moan.

I slowly grab the box and open it. There are seven knifes, but they don't look like normal knifes. I grab one and close the box. I lean against the wall and hug my legs, hoping Dad and uncle Merle will come soon. The moan got louder and I tried to be quiet, so the walker will go away.

I looked around and saw a shelf, I slowly stood up and tried to push the shelf in front of the door. I slowly pushed the shelf and it started moving. I pushed again and suddenly the whole shelf fell down and it made a loud noise. I gasped and then I heard the Walker bang on the door. I walked backwards till my back hit the wall. My hand had a tight grip on the knife. That Walker won't shut up. He will lure other walkers to me. When will Dad come back?! I felt a tear roll down my cheek. But then I remembered what uncle Merle told me. Dixons don't cry.

I look at the door and take a deep breath. I'm strong. I can do this. Dad and Merle believe in me. I slowly walked to the door and put my hand on the doorknob. I opened it and everything happened so fast. The Walker fell on top of me. I screamed and tried to push it away and it worked. I walked backwards and my back hit the wall again.

The Walker stood up and walked towards me. I can't do this. I can't. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and the Walker came closer. I can't kill it. No I just can't. I looked down and felt tears rolling down my cheeks. When will Dad come? I looked back up and the Walker was in front of me and was about to bite in my face. I screamed and pushed the Walker away. "go away!" I yelled at the Walker, even though I know the Walker doesn't understand me. The Walker came closer and I closed my eyes and threw my knife at him and suddenly he fell to the ground.

I opened my eyes and looked at the Walker, the knife stuck in his face. My jaw dropped. And I slowly walked towards the Walker. I can't believe it. I did it! I slowly grabbed the knife and tried to pull it out, but it was really hard. After I pulled it out I put it back in the box. I grabbed the Walker by its feet and dragged it outside. I can't look at this thing. Then I walked back in the house and closed the door. I sat back down and it didn't took me long to fall asleep.