Chapter 5

Grace's POV
*one week later*
Two days ago we found a little cabin in the wood. I really like this group they are all very nice and it's like they are my second family.. well .. second? I don't even have a family except Dad. I think... they .. are my family. Two weeks ago I would've thought it would be absolutely crazy to try to survive with other people in this world.. But I guess I was wrong.

It's morning now and me and Dad were the only ones awake, he seems lost and sad. And I know why, because of Beth. He really liked her and she died, he said she was Maggie's sister. He told me everything that had happened, he also told me about Hershel, he said he was a good guy. He also told me about Bob and Tyreese, that's why Sasha is so sad and quiet the whole time. Dad told me about everything.

Some people might think Dad isn't that type of guy for talking about his feelings and stuff. But in front of certain people he's a very warm hearted man who talks about his feelings. But that's rarely in the Dixon family. Even I hate it to talk about my feelings and stuff.

After a few minutes Sasha woke up and after her the rest.

Dad and I still sat there and talked, I helped him earlier to fix a little music box. He said its Maggie's.

"Grace?" someone says and I look up. Rick stands a few meters away from me. "I need to talk to you" he says and walks away.

I turn to Dad and he nods. I stand up and make my way to Rick.

"I thought about it. And it seems like you're a very tough and strong girl. I first thought you would be danger for our group... but I guess I was wrong... well, you are dangerous, but I see, that you really care about the people here and you really want to keep them save.." Rick says. I nod and he looks down.

"I think... I think that you are and will be a lot of help for our group" Rick says. I smile at him. "So... I can stay?" I say. He looks at me and smiles. "You can stay.. and hopefully will stay" He says nodding. "Thank you. I promise I will do my best to keep these people alive" I say and hug him... that's the first time I hug someone of this group or even touch someone like that. Except Dad of course.

I feel Rick tense up a little but then he hugs back, which makes me smile.

After we pulled away I went to Dad. I saw him talking to Maggie.

I don't want to interrupt their conversation. I see him giving her the music box. She says something and smiles. Then she stands up and walks away.

I walk to dad and sit beside him. "Rick wants me in the group" I say. "Really?!" he asks excited. I nod. He smiles.

"But I don't want to" I say. His smile drops. "why?" he asks and I can already see the pain in his eyes. I start laughing. "I'm joking! Of course I want to stay in this group" I say and smile.

He smiles. I stand up. "I'll go and get some food, want some too?" I ask. He shakes his head. "No, thanks".
"Okay" I quietly say and walk away.

I grab a granola bar since we don't have anything else. Well, we found some food and water on the street with the note 'from a friend'. But we can't eat and drink all that. We can't risk it.

Carl comes over to me and smiles at me.. I narrow my eyes at him. "Hey how are you?" He says and smiles. I roll my eyes and turn around.

I suddenly hear Judith crying. I don't really like baby's but Judith is such a cutie. I walk over to her and pick her up. She looks at me with big eyes and slowly stops crying. "Hey cutie" I say. She slowly touches my hair with her cute little fingers. She starts playing with a strand of my hair and starts laughing.

I giggle and look up. Everyone is looking at me. "what?" I ask. "how did you do that?" Rick asks. "yeah how?" Carl says. "do what?" I ask confused. "she was crying a second ago and now she's all happy" Carl says.
I shrug.

Then Maggie and Sasha came in with a man behind them. "Hey... everyone.. this is Aaron" Maggie says. I put Judith down and pull my knife out aiming it at the man. The rest pulls their weapons out too.

Dad runs to them and looks out the door if 'Aaron' has someone with him.
"We met him outside he's by himself.. we took his weapons" Maggie says but Dad and I still check him.. maybe he still has a weapon with him.

Aaron looks really scared. "Hi" he says.
Judith starts crying and I look behind me and see Carl is taking her. They look kinda cute together... wait what am I thinking.. stop Grace! That's the wrong time! I turn back to Aaron. "It's nice to meet you..-" he says and is about to step forward to. "Stop!" I snap and aim my knife closer to him making him stop.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick asks. Maggie walks over to him and gives Rick the gun Aaron had. Rick sticks the gun in his belt at his back.

"What do you want?!" I snap at Aaron.
"He has a camp near by" Sasha says. "He wants us to audition for membership".

"I... wish there was another word.. audition makes it sound like we're some kind of a dance troupe..." he says. I look at him weird. Is this supposed to be funny?!

He sees my reaction and he swallows. "That's only on Friday nights" he says. Oh god.

"What about the camp?!" I snap. "uhm.. i-it's... it's not a camp... it's a community.. I think you all would make valuable auditions... but i-it's not my call.. uhm my job is to convince you all to follow me back home" Aaron says.
'Home' it's been a while since I heard someone say that.

Everyone is quiet. Just total silence. I look at Rick and he has the same look on the face as I have.

"I know.. if I were you I wouldn't go either... not until I knew exactly what I was getting into" He continues. He turns to Sasha.

"Sasha, can you hand Rick my bag?"
he asks.
She looks at him then at Rick.. she makes her way to him and gives Rick the bag. "Front pocket.. there's an envelope.. there's no way I would convince you to come with me just by talking about our community.. that's why I brought those" Aaron says.

Since I was standing right next to Rick I could see him opening the envelope.
"I apologize for the picture quality, we ju-"
"Shut up!" I interrupt Aaron.
"Nobody gives a shit" Dad says. Aaron turns to Dad.
"you.. you're absolutely 100% right.." Aaron says.

I look back to Rick and he pulls pictures out of the envelope.
"That's the first picture I wanted to show you... because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be save" Aaron says. I look at the picture and see something like a wall which is build up. "if you join us, you will be save... nothing.. alive or dead.. gets through the walls without our say so.. like I said, security is obviously important".

I don't know what I should think about this Aaron guy. I don't trust him. And by the look of Ricks face he obviously thinks the same.

"Together we're strong.. You, can make us even stronger" he says looking at all of us. I scoff. Rick looks at me but I ignore it. Rick looks down at the pictures and he's about to do or say something to him. I see it. I know what's going on in his mind. I'm good at reading people.

"The next picture.." Aaron starts and I roll my eyes. He's talking too much. Aaron continues and I see Rick walking straight to Aaron and he looks pissed.
This... is going to be funny.

"Our community was first con-" Aaron starts but Rick cuts him off by punching him in the face and making Aaron fall to the ground. Everyone is walking towards Aaron who's laying passed out on the ground while I try not to laugh.