Chapter 13

Grace's POV
"Grace, could you please take care of Carl?" Rick said.

"Why?" I sighed.

"I haven't seen him the whole day, could you please go look for him?"

I rolled my eyes, today wasn't really my day. I don't know why. I woke up and already was pissed as hell for some reason.

"Rick, don't you think Carl is old enough to watch out for himself? I mean, you gotta trust him a little more" I said.

"I know, I know. But I'm still worried you know? And last night he was weird, maybe you can ask him if he's okay. I would do it by myself but I have a lot of stuff to do." He said.

I sighed again, then nodded.
"Okay, I'll do it" I said.

"Thank you Grace!" Rick said then turned around and walked away.

Since nobody was in the house, because literally everyone is looking for a job, and Dad went for a run with Aaron, I thought it's a good idea to look there, cause when I left he stayed.

After a few minutes of walking I reached the house and walked in.

I walked through the hall and saw him sitting on a chair in the living room. He was looking at something out the window. I really didn't care what he was looking at so I went straight on.

"Hey Carl!"

He jumped and quickly turned around.

"Your dad wanted me to check on you.. you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah.. yeah, I'm okay" he said looking back out the window.

He's okay, my jobs done.
I walked in the kitchen and grabbed some food. I sat down and started eating. Then I suddenly heard footsteps and saw Carl running out and slamming the door behind him.

I stood up confused and went after him. Actually I wouldn't care but since he was in a rush there must be something he's about to do or something like that.

I walked out the house and looked around for him. I saw him climbing over the wall and my eyes widen.

What the fuck is he doing? Well, I don't really care what he's doing but if Rick finds out that I just let him climb over the wall he'd kill me.

I rolled my eyes angrily and ran to the wall. By the time I reached the wall, Carl was already on the other side.

I looked around to check that nobody's watching then I quickly climbed up the wall. When I reached the top, I stayed there for like three seconds to see in what direction Carl ran, when I saw him I jumped down and ran after him.

I decided not to call his name, because I really want to know what the hell he's about to do.

I ran after him as quiet as possible and when I had a great distance, I slowed down.

He's now walking. It seems like he's looking for someone.

Then I suddenly saw him following a girl. I guess that's Enid.

But then suddenly she ran away. Carl tried to find her but he didn't, he sighed and was about to walk off.

"Carl" I said.
He turned around and looked at me.
"Grace? What are you doing here?" He asked.
"I just wanted to ask you the same" I said.
"Have you been following me?" He asked confused. I nodded smiling,
"Yeah, just like you've been following that girl" I said wiggling with my eyebrow.

He blushed. "Stop it" He said with a light chuckle.
"C'mon, you like her?" I said smiling.
His eyes widen.
"No! No, I just followed her to make sure nothing happens to her." He said looking down.

"Oh sure, that's the reason" I said with sarcasm and still with a smile on my face.

"I don't like her.. I like y-... never mind" He said looking down.

My smile dropped, dammit. I thought he had just a little crush on me.

"Carl.." I said and walked over to him.

He looked at me and I looked at him.
"Do you?" I asked.

He nodded his head.
"Yes I do" He said truly.

"But I know you don't like me back so I'll just give up and-"

"Carl stop" I interrupted him.
"Stop pulling yourself down." I said.

"I.. I'm just not looking forward to a relationship in an apocalypse right now" I said trying to explain it to him without hurting him in any way.

"Maybe I'll be ready for a relationship someday, but right now I'm not" I said. I hope that's okay, because I'm not very good in cheering someone up.

He nodded.
"I understand that" He said.
I sighed in relief and smiled, he smiled back.
"I'll wait" he smiled at me.
I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Of course you will" I said giggling.

"Now come on" I said, and we both made our way back.

On our way we saw Rick, he stood by an old house with a lot of trash and stuff in front of him. Maybe that's the stuff he has been doing. Behind him were like six walkers.

He saw us and gave us a nod.
I pulled my knife out and Carl did the same, we started killing some.

One Walker came over to Rick, he tried to hold the Walker back but a hand grabbed Ricks leg from under the trash.

I stabbed the Walker, Rick tried to hold back.

Rick grabbed an iron bar from the pile of trash and wanted to stab the Walker that grabbed his foot but Carl interrupted him.

"Dad." He said.
Rick turned to him. Carl held his hand out signaling Rick to give him the iron bar. Rick handed it to him and Carl stabbed it.

Rick turned to me.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
I nodded.

Then we made our way back.