Chapter 37 - Karasuno's Practice Match

Ayumi's Pov -

"ACK- Ouch!" I cried out.

"Yumi.. You need to watch where you're going.." Yahaba sighs. "Anyways Kindaichi and I are going out to grab some stuff. We'll be right back."

I rubbed my forehead. "Ahh... This really hurts." I looked around, "Where's Oikawa?"

"He's at the doctors appointment. He's going to be late." Iwaizumi said as he served the ball. They were doing serving drills.

"Oh, Coach knows right?"

"Yeah, I told him before I changed."

"Ayumi.. You should get some ice." Matsun poked my head.

"Oww." I winced, "Why would you- you're mean."

"Only to you sweetheart." He smiled.

I pouted as I slightly blushed, "Terrible.."

"AYUMI!" I jumped at the sudden outburst and turned to see Koushi running towards me.

"Koushi!" I sprang up a gave him a hug.

"I miss you bestie!" he exclaimed.

"I miss you too! The whole team as well!"

"Hello Ayumi!" greets Daichi.

I beamed a smile, "Hello!"

I greeted the whole team and caught up with some of them. Then I saw Hinata.

"Tobi Kun.. What's wrong with Sho?" I asked poking at the taller male.

He only shrugged, "I think he's nervous."

The orange haired boy was quivering and mumbling something to himself. "Is he going to be okay?"

Tobio thought for a moment, "Maybe?"

"What kind of answer was that?"

Once again, he only shrugged.

Suddenly I felt a ominous chill down my spine. I turn around to see my own team drinking their water as they stared down Karasuno.. Possibly me too.

"I-It was nice catching up a bit, but I have my own team to go to." I chuckled nervously before excusing myself. When I got back to my own team, each individual was staring me down. Never have I ever felt the need to shrink and disappear this bad. "H-Hey guys.. what's with this tense atmosphere? It's just a practice game."

"Tobi Kun? Seriously?" Makki raised an eyebrow.

"It's just a nickname?" I said.

"Bestie?" Watari scoffed. "Mhm okay then."

"Watari, you're literally my brother along with Yahaba."

"You're on first name basis with that one guy?" Iwaizumi questioned

"I've known him longer than all of you."

"Even the King of The Court?" Kunimi asked.

I turned my head to him. "What?"

Kindaichi came out of no where, "Kageyama is known as King of The Court for being selfish and bossy. He only thinks of himself and it's irritating. If you aren't up to his liking then he lashes out at you."

I look at Tobio who was talking with Koushi, "No.."

Kunimi joins in, "He's actually quite annoying and is always stuck up. He thinks he's better than everyone else and acts like it too. I wouldn't be shocked if he was benched."

I turned back around to the two first years and the team with a dead stare, "Shouldn't you guys be practicing."

"Shouldn't you be filling up water bottles and folding grabbing towels for us rather than gawking at other boys?" Matsun sighed.