Chapter 1 - A Childhood Friend :)

Ayumi's Pov :

Another long day at Shiratorizawa. I've been pretty tired these past few weeks.

How am I supposed to tell someone I've known since I was born that I was going to move.

I spent days thinking of different ways I can approach him and tell him. Ways to tell someone that I can't be by his side anymore.

What can I do?

I spent these past few days trudging throughout the school. I'm pretty miserable if I'm going to be honest.

"Yumiiii!" I heard a familiar voice screaming my name.

I turned my head to see my four second year friends heading my way. "Ah, Tendou san, it's a bit early to be this loud."

"Ehh, what do you mean?" He tilts his head to the side, "We're usually the loud ones at this time?"

"He's right Sato, you haven't been yourself lately." Semi Eita questioned as him and the others caught up to Tendou.

"Oh, uhm," I hesitated, "I've been studying a lot lately.."

"But you never study." Ushijima mentions.

We all stood in silence as I stood there processing what my childhood friend just said.

"Uhm, I'm sorry Sato but Ushijima got a point." Reon mumbled. Both Tendou and Hayato burst out laughing.

"Oi, I will actually beat your ass if y'all don't stop." I slapped the two on the back.

"Ow!" Hayato pouted "Like a little bunny could actu- OW! Stop slapping me!"

I snickered, "Never"

The bell rung signaling that class was going to start soon. We said our farewells and separated to each of our individual classes.

You see, I'm a year younger than all of them so that makes me a first year currently. The only reason I know them is thanks to Ushijima and volleyball of course. I manage their team.

I've always become manager for Ushijima teams he's on. We've known each other since I was born and usually never separated since then. I guess we are pretty close but it's kind of hard to tell since we're both very different.

Maybe that's why I'm struggling to tell him. This will be the first time we're going to be far from each other.

We've always did stuff together and we always tell each other everything. We were like siblings to everyone who saw us together. He would always take care of me as well.

But now I only have a week left before the move. I have to tell him soon. But I just don't know how.

But there's also another reason why I can't really tell him, or at least I think so, but lately we haven't been talking much as well.

Ever since  he became a high schooler, he became more busy and we hung out a lot less. I would come over to hang out sometimes and his dad would answer the door saying that either he's still practicing or he's with his friends. Not saying that I'm not okay with this! But I really just miss him ya know? I fully support the volleyball head because I know he's going to make it far with volleyball since he's so good but, it would be nice if he put some stuff to the side so we can just hang out for a bit.

I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when I heard the bell signaling for lunch. I grabbed my lunch and headed towards outside towards the tree the five of us usually sit at for lunch.

I went to my spot where I could lean against the tree and sighed as I waited for the others to come. I need to act more like myself so then the others don't have to worry about me.