Chapter 38 - ApplePi and NekoMB

Ayumi's Pov -

"Hellooo, I know you guys can hear me." I spoke into my mic.

"Sorry we were getting destroyed by the enemy." ApplePi responded, "Neko keeps getting in the way and getting hurt."

"I'm a tank for a reason.. I'm supposed to take damage and charge in." NekoMB responded.

I laughed, "Did you guys not have a support?"

"You should be support." I heard ApplePi yawn from the other side of the call, "You're a good support."

"I'll stick to being marksmen." I said as I joined the lobby, "I like doing lots of damage."

NekoMB queued up, "But each time we play without a support we lose."

"But whenever I play with you guys we win though?"

"Strawberry has a point." ApplePi sighed, "She's always carrying us."

"Well not always." NekoMB huffed.

I can hear the smirk in ApplePi's voice, "You're right, if not her then it's always me."

"Not true!"

I smiled as the two bicker, then I notice NekoMB pick a new champ, "Woah is that the new tank?"

"Yeah! He's fun to play with."

"But you're so bad with him."

"Apple... Why are you being mean today."

"Because you made me run extra laps at practice today.."

"You guys play sports?"

NekoMB beamed, "Yep, we play volleyball. The MB in my name stands for middle blocker."

"Woah no way!" I selected my champion, "I'm actually a manager for a volleyball team! Apple what position do you play?"

"I play setter.."

"That's so cool! We're all on a volleyball team!"

"Yeah! Yeah!" Neko cheered, "Strawberry, I didn't know you were a manager! Do you play?"

"I do play!" I thought for a moment, "But only for fun though."

"What position do you usually play when you do?"

"Libero." I clicked on the shop to buy my equipment before heading out, "It may not seem much but it's a really cool position! I feel like a hero whenever I'm able to dig a ball that usually nobody can."

"Waahhhh!" Neko gasped, "That's so cool."

"I know right!"

ApplePi sighed, "Why aren't you on the girls volleyball team then? Why are you manager?"

"Ah-" I rubbed the back of my head, "It may seem like I'm bragging but I'm not.. But I often don't get along with the other members of the team because our skill level is way different. They often dislike me because they think that I think that I'm better. But in reality I'm jealous I can't really jump or spike like they do. All I know how to do is receive or set the ball.."

NekoMB grumbled, "They just petty for not accepting the fact you're good."

I shook my head, "I don't know if I'm really good or not.."

"You can be libero AND set?" ApplePi got the first kill of the game, "I'm sure you're good."

I gushed, "You two are being too nice."

"STRAWBERRY HELP MEHHH-" NekoMB screamed.

"THE CUT OFF!" I laughed, "Okay okay, I'm coming!"