History in the Making

Another extra chapter! Right now I am filled with unholy rage to the stuff Rick (well his staff) just wrote so need some positivity in posting a chapter :)

Thank you to minha querida for helping me with the Portuguese this chapter, and supporting my heavy projection.

You're amazing Izzy <3

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Come yell at me on my tumblr: Percabeth4Life

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

I yelped as I jumped off the skateboard then winced when it crashed into the wall... again.

"Are you okay, Percy?" Tyson cried as he hurried over.

I huffed, glaring at the skateboard. This was hard.

"I'm fine, just can't get the stupid skateboard to work."

"That is a rude skateboard," Tyson agreed.

"Let's try over there," I said, pointing closer to the river. "Maybe that'll be a better spot."

"The river is closer there," he said as we walked over.

"Yeah, but that's what makes it fun."

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

"Are you okay, Percy?" Tyson asked as he helped me out of the river.

I glowered at the skateboard, how did you turn the stupid thing?

"I'm okay," I grumbled.

"You are dry now," Tyson said helpfully.

I relaxed, "Yeah, at least I'm dry."

Being a son of Poseidon was definitely helpful there.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

After a dozen more crashes into buildings, letting Tyson practice on it (and also crash into things, at least it's not just me), nearly flying over a guardrail, and running into three people, me and Tyson decided to take a break.

At least I learned how to turn it.

We sat in Washington Square Park and relaxed eating icies we bought from the vendor.

"Well at least we didn't fall into anymore rivers," I said.

Tyson nodded, sucking on his icie. "Yes, it was fun."

He peered at me shyly, "Thank you for being my friend."

I grinned, "Of course, thanks for being mine!"

Tyson studied the ground, my legs swinging on the bench.

"I will try and learn to skateboard, like you, so that we can skateboard together."

I laughed, "I'm not a good skateboarder, but that sounds like fun. Maybe we can go to a skate park sometime."

Tyson brightened, "I would like that."

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Mom and I spent a while learning new veiling techniques, it was nice to spend time together.

She helped me tie my hair up and tuck the veils tails up so that they didn't hang. And I showed her this really complicated veiling style that Annabeth showed me. It took two veils and looked like a braid hanging over your shoulder when you were done.