Chapter 4: The Night Out

Beep! Beep! Beep!

My eyes shoot open. I immediately sit up and look around at my surroundings. I'm in my room. My alarm clock goes off again, and I turn it off. It reads 7:00. How did I get back into my room? Last thing I remember is falling asleep in the T.V. room with Stephen. Did he carry me back to my room? I look down. I'm even covered by the blanket. Did he do this for me? I finally decide to get up and go to the bathroom. I limp to the bathroom noticing how much better my womb feels. I use the toilet, and then I brush my teeth and my hair. I then realize that I need new clothes for today. I go back into the room to see if there are any new clothes that Stephen had left. There is not. Dangit. I have to go ask him where all of the clothes are. I hate being a burden. I slip on my shoes and make my way to the door. I get out into the hallway and look at Stephen's door. I take a deep breath and bring my hand up to knock on it.

Knock! Knock!

I put my hand back down. Only a few seconds go by when the door opens. I step back. 

"Y/n, hi. Good morning," Stephen says. He seems to be almost ready for the day. He has on a light blue tunic set. The sleeves are short sleeved with a white shirt underneath it. He also has on a cream-colored belt. It looks a lot like the outfit that I wore yesterday. His hair seems to be disheveled as though he hasn't brushed it yet. Strands of hair fall in front of his eyes, and God is it attractive. His hands are behind his back for some reason. He lets out a cough which lets me know I've been staring for too long. I quickly look up with a flushed face.

"Yes, good morning, Stephen," I say quickly.

"Do you need something, y/n?" he asks kindly.

"Yes, actually. I don't have any clean clothes to wear so... I was wondering if I can get some more," I explain. He looks down to see me in my sleeping clothes. He looks back up.

"Ahh, yes of course. I totally forgot to show you the closet. Can you give me just a minute?" he answers.

"Uhhh, yeah. Of course," I respond. Without saying anything else, the door is quickly shut. Not even a minute goes by when the door reopens. I can tell that this time he has on his gloves. Is that why he had to take a minute? What is he hiding? Is it his hands? He shuts the door behind him and turns to me.

"Are you ready?" he asks.

"Yes, lead the way," I respond. He doesn't turn to start walking.

"How is your womb? Are you able to walk fine? Do you need help?" he questions quickly.

"Oh, wow," I start, startled by the questions. "It is so much better thanks to you." He smiles. "I'm able to walk better, and maybe I can just hold on to your arm?" I question.

"Of course! I'm so happy you are feeling better," he says with a huge smile. He extends out his arm like a gentleman, so I can take it. I take his arm, and we start walking toward the end of the hallway which is towards the exit.

"So, I'm just going to ask it," I blurt out.

"Ask what?" Stephen asks questioningly. I look down at the ground.

"Did you carry me back to my room last night?" I ask quickly as we turn the corner. I see a door at the end of the hallway.

"Yes," Stephen says simply. I can't tell if he is upset or fine with it.

"Why?" I ask. We stop at the door. Stephen looks down, and I look back up. His beautiful, kind eyes piercing at mine.

"Because I wanted you to get some good sleep before training today," he explains.

"But you didn't have too. You should have woken me up. Man, I shouldn't have even fallen asleep. That was so inappropriate. God, I'm so sorry Stephen." I bow my head because I can't look him in the eyes.