Chapter 13: The Hospital

"No!!" I yell. Before I'm able to run over to Stephen, the man Zealot runs up the stairs. I look down at the floor below and see that he conjured a portal from the rainforest. I look back at Stephen to see the glass sword disappear. The man grabs Stephen's shoulder and pushes him. He falls down the stairs, grunting in pain.

"Stephen!" I call out. I jump all the stairs down to the bottom, my boots helping me have a soft landing. The portal closes. I run over to him and turn him over on his back. There is blood all over his shirt and the floor. He looks down at his chest in shock. "Stephen. Hey, Stephen," I say, softly to him. "Look at me." He looks up with pain written on his face.

"Y/n, I-" he starts.

"I know, Stephen. I know. We need to stop the bleeding," I interrupt. I put my hands over the wound, pressing down. He groans in agony. "I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I whisper. A gloved hand grabs my arm. I look down at his face.

"Y/n, I need to get to the hospital. Help me up," he says. I shake my head.

"No. You're too hurt," I respond. His grip on my arm tightens, and his eyes go wide.

"Y/n, I'll bleed out if we stay here or worse. Kaecilius will finish the job," he explains, wincing in pain. I blink back tears.

"Okay. Okay," I let out. I put one of his arms over my shoulder. I then put one of my arms around his waist. I keep my other hand on his wound, pressing down. "We go up in three... two... one," I count down. I use all my strength to pull him on his feet. He groans in pain, and his eyes roll back. "Stephen, you okay?" I ask with concern. He closes his eyes and nods.

"Mhm. Let's just get away from Kaecilius," he responds out of breath. We start walking down another small hallway we haven't before. Stephen keeps stumbling here and there, but I'm able to keep him steady for the most part. Suddenly, there's a piercing pain in my arm. I look down and see a large and somewhat deep cut near my shoulder.

"Shit," I whisper under my breath.

"What?" Stephen asks quietly.

"Nothing," I respond. Before the glass sword went into Stephen's chest, it must have nicked me. I guess the adrenaline must have blocked the pain. I can see the blood trickle down my shirt. No, I can't focus on myself. This is small, and I have to help Stephen. That's the main priority. I push the pain to the back of my head and turn the corner to the big hallway. I can see the large staircase at the end. God, hopefully we can make it.

I start to hear a trickling sound. I look down and see Stephen's blood drip off the floor. My hand is covered in blood.

"Oh my God," I say, starting to get dizzy. Normally blood doesn't get me woozy. I was going to be a doctor for Christ's sake. But seeing it come out of Stephen so fast almost makes me sick. Before I have a chance to do anything about it, Stephen starts stumbling and losing his footing. His breathing gets harder, and he starts to fall. I try to stop him, but I'm so sore that I'm not strong enough. He falls, his hands hitting the ground first. "Steph!" I call out. I run over to his side. He looks at me with pure pain.

"I can't walk anymore," he barely gets out.

"Okay. That's okay," I say, choking on my tears. Out of the corner of my eye I see something that makes my heart drop. The man Zealot turns the corner, coming closer to us. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse. I look back at Stephen with worry in my eyes. "Steph, we have to go," I say desperately. I gently put my hand on his face. He looks up at me and then the man coming towards us.

"Okay," he breathes out. I keep my hand on his chest and put my arm around his waist. I start pulling him down the hallway. It's like I'm helping him crawl. I look at the ground and see the streak of blood he's making. I look away, still feeling sick to see the man conjure a glass sword.