Chapter 5 - Never!

A/N: Sorry for keeping you all waiting for this chapter but I'm hoping to get another chapter or two up over the weekend. Let me know what you think in the comments. I mean it, comment please! And don't forget to vote xx

Bram's POV

I tracked the scent to dense part of the forest. I kept my body low as I made my way to where the scent was strongest. I growled deeply in warning when I caught sight of a white tipped tail. The wolf growled in reply and lunged for me. I waited until the last possible moment and moved to my left, turning my upper body and snapping my jaws around his shoulder. He howled in pain and tried to claw at me. I applied more pressure until my mouth was flooded with the bitter taste of his blood and shook my head vigorously. I placed my large paw on his neck to keep him down when I released my teeth from his flesh. This rogue had come onto my pack's property and had killed some of our prey. I'd picked up his scent when I'd been out on patrol this morning and had tacked him here. I looked into his hate filled eyes before lowering my head and ripping his throat out.

I hated killing. It was an essential part of being the Alpha though. I would need to kill any and all who dared to threaten the safety of my pack, and I did it well. Except for this morning. I was royally pissed off with myself for what had happened with Gina and for not protecting the pack's Beta. I had reservations that I would not be the best Alpha this pack had seen.

I changed back and quickly disposed of the rogue body in the pit before calling for one of the enforcers through the pack link.

~There's a rogue body in the pit. Bring what you need and set it alight~ I ordered him.

~Yes, Sir. I'm on my way now.~ Came his reply.

I shifted once more and ran back to the pack house. I changed back into my clothes before enterng the house. I locked my bedroom door and went straight to the shower. As I waited for the water to warm up I turned and studied myself in the mirror. My black hair was already beginning to mat from the rogues blood which was also smeared across my chin and cheek. I sighed and stripped quickly, stepping under the warm water.

As the water ran red and dripped from my body my thoughts turned once again to Philip Anders. He'd finally woken up by the time I'd left for my patrol but I'd only seen him briefly.

~Father.~ I call out, waiting for his reply.

~Yes, Bram. What is it?~ He growls back. I must have disturbed him, again.

My father is a great Alpha, no one can deny that. But no one knows what he's really like behind the closed doors of his home. He's a cruel, manipulative man. And a cheating bastard. I've caught him numerous times over the years with human women and he didn't care. Each time I'd walk in on him buried inside a woman that was not my mother, I felt physically sick and another piece of the love and respect I felt for him would die. He would laugh and tell me to keep my mouth shut if I ever wanted to be Alpha. I didn't care about the Alpha title enough to protect him, but I did care about my mother. I knew what would happen to her if she found out the truth about her mate.

A mate is sacred to us. You have only one in a given lifetime and they are more precious than the rarest of diamonds. They hold our hearts completely in their hands and we will never want another, we will not look at another in a lustful way. We will not lie to them or hurt them in any way. Which is why I've come to the conclusion that my mother is not my father's mate.

~Sorry to disturb you~ I say with sarcasm dripping from my words. I still love my father, and I know in his own way he loves me too. But at times like this I hate him even more. ~I just wanted to check in and tell you that I downed a rogue in the north east corner of the property. I also wanted to check up on Philip. How is he?~