And She Ran

The wind whipped her hair across her face as she ran, panting and grunting in effort. All the way she thought about how dangerous this could be, her instincts telling her no, but then she thought of going back, which would be more dangerous.

FLASHBACK

Her dad was screaming at her. She scrambled over her bed, trying desperately to escape, but he had his belt in his hand and was whipping like crazy. "He's drunk as hell," she thought. "GET OVER HERE YOU SELFISH BRAT!" screamed Lisa's dad. "NO! GET AWAY!! Please.." Her dad paid no attention to her pain. This was what hurt the most. Missing who he used to be, a kind caring father.

END OF FLASHBACK

As she had been in a hurry, Lisa had only brought her favourite top, an oversized sweater saying:" Nothing to wear," and some tracksuit bottoms, an energy bar left on her bedside table, and her favourite book, The Way the World Turns, by Edward O'Connor.

The sun had started to set, so Lisa considered finding somewhere to sleep. "Where, though?" She said out loud. An old lady was walking past her at that point, and looked at her like she had ten heads. The woman shook her head and continued walking. Lisa saw a friendly-looking estate and decided to find somewhere around there to sleep, as her legs were practically falling off in exhaustion.

She slumped down the road. "Wow," she thought. "After being so lazy all the time, an hour or so of running is IMPOSSIBLE!" Lisa walked down a garden's path, not really conscious of what she was doing or where she was going, and literally passed out in a bush.

A/N

This is my first fanfic, and i apoligise if its not great, or too short, but I just want to say thank you to my friend Robyn for helping me, her username is The_Aoife_Project.

Thank you!