3

Finally, my parents had gotten home and I had to say goodbye to Phil. I got home and instantly went upstairs, throwing my bag onto my bed. I quickly went and took a shower, getting dressed in my pyjamas soon afterwards. I took out my phone, deciding to text Dan as it wasn't too late for him to come over for a bit. 

It's not too late. You can go ahead and come over if you want.

Eh, already made plans. Have fun though.

Please don't tell me you're out hooking up with a girl.

Well, I would tell you that I'm not, but that would be a total lie.

Oh my god, you are a manwhore. 

I prefer the term 'player'. Sounds so much better and being a whore requires having a lot of sex.

Yep, you're a manwhore. 

Okay, maybe. 

Ew, oh my god. You admitted it. 

You're just complaining because you are still a virgin. 

How would you know?

Oh, goody two-shoes not being a virgin would surprise me.

...Okay. Yeah, you're right. 

Like always.

If you were always right, you wouldn't be failing all of your classes. 

...I'll be there in 10.

--

I heard a knock at the door and ran downstairs before my mum could answer the door. She would surely embarrass me. Why did I care though? I didn't.

Yes, I did.

I opened the door, smiling a big, fake smile at him. "Hi, Mister Popular." He smirked, "Hi, Miss Goody Two-Shoes." I rolled my eyes. 

"Oh, that's a great nickname." I told him, sarcasm dripping from my voice. "Oh, I know." He pushed past me into the house. My mum walked into the room, "Oh, hello Dan." Dan paused in his movements. "Hello, Mrs. Fray." He said, awkwardly. "I didn't know you two were friends again." Mum said. I closed my eyes tightly. "Mum, we're not friends. I just have to tutor this idiot." I opened my eyes, beginning to push Dan up the stairs. I pushed him into my room and he stumbled, almost falling. I sighed, closing the door and leaning against it. "I called it. I knew that would happen." I said. Dan was laughing, "You know, I would consider us friends."

"Ha. That's funny because I wouldn't." I said, rolling my eyes. "Why was I ever friends with you anyways?" I mumbled, thinking back to our younger years when Dan and I were actually really good friends. "Because I'm amazing?" Dan smirked. 

"No, Phil's amazing. You're an asshole." I pointed out. "Woah, goody two-shoes cussed. It's the end of the world." Dan laughed out, raising his hands in the air. "Oh my god, let's actually work so I can get you out of my house." 

--

Dan had spaced out a lot, bringing up random topics in the middle of me teaching him something- or attempting to teach him something. "Okay, I think that's enough for tonight." I said, closing my English book. "I learned so much." I scoffed, "I'm sure you did. You were either either spaced out or talking about random things." 

"I already know it." He shrugged. "I don't think you do if you're failing." Dan looked away, "Failing on purpose. There's a difference." He said in a mumbled voice. My mouth literally dropped open in shock. "Dan Howell. Please do not tell me that you are failing your classes for popularity." He shrugged, acting like he didn't know anything.

"Oh my god, you are, aren't you?" I asked, shock littering every inch of my voice. "Maybe." He mumbled. "Jesus Christ, Dan. You don't need to fail your classes to be popular. Besides, being popular isn't that important." I told him. "What do you know? It's my life, Aliah." He growled out, standing up. "I know that you don't need to ruin your life for damn popularity." He let out an angry breath, "See you tommorrow, Aliah."

--

I wasn't shocked to walk into the school building to see Dan surrounded by a hoard of girls the next day. His eyes met mine and I glared, shaking my head. He smirked and winked at me. I rolled my eyes, continuing on to my locker.

After I had gotten what I need, I went to Mrs. Maron's class, seeing Phil spinning around in a roller chair. "Oh hey, Aliah." He greeted me, halting his spinning and almost falling out of the chair. "Hi." I said, putting my books in my usual seat. I grabbed the arm rest of one of the roller chairs, pulling it over beside Phil. "So, getting locked out of your house." I heard Mrs. Maron bring up. "Yeah, I'm an idiot and forgot my keys." I said, sitting down. I yawned, leaning my head on Phil's shoulder. "What did you do when you actually got in your house?" Phil asked, noticing my tiredness. "Well, Dan- who I have such a story about now- Howell came over and I tried to tutor him. When he left, I stayed up until three am writing more for my manuscript." I explained, yawning a bit in the middle.

"What's the story you have to tell about Dan?" Phil asked. I sighed, "He knows everything. I don't even have to tutor him. He's failing his classes for popularity." I scoffed. "Wait, he told you that?" Mrs. Maron spoke up, making me nod against Phil's shoulder. "If he makes a good grade on the test today, it's because I told him that he doesn't need to ruin his life for popularity." 

--

That is the reason why Mrs. Maron made me grade his and only his paper during my free period. I sighed as I marked answer after answer incorrect. "He didn't take my advice." I said, handing Mrs. Maron the paper.

"I am going to physically hurt him," I mumbled. Phil's eyes went wide. "Not really. I'm as violent as a butterfly." I said. "Butterflies can attack your face though." I sighed and shook my head. "But would you really be scared?" I asked Phil. "Yes!" He nodded. 

--

Can I come over for more tutoring? ;)

I am going to punch you as soon as I see you.

Well, that's not nice.

You failed your test today. 

Oh wow. That's a surprise.

You bitch. I told you that you don't need to fail to be popular. Why can't you just take my fucking advice?

Because I want to make you mad.

Well, you're achieving that. 

Good. I'll be at yours in 5. 

--

"You just wanted to get punched, didn't you?" I said, closing the door behind Dan. "Well, I knew that you wouldn't." He said, smirking. He began up the stairs, already going into my bedroom. "Okay, should I even waste my time explaining things when you already know them and won't pay attention?" Dan shook his head, smirking. "Well, this is going to be fun then." I mumbled, wanting to just kick him out of my house.

"You do know that we were both idiots as kids, right? It wasn't just me." Dan said, laughing. I nodded. "Okay, yeah. I was a really idiotic child." I admitted. "I actually kind of miss those days." Dan said. "I'm sure you do. Clean up your attitude and we can be idiots together again."