Allowance

Autumn's POV

I woke up on the couch. I accidentally fell asleep while reading. Though I have very good hearing so I could hear the alarm in Leafy's room. Soon mine would go off too. I quickly ran upstairs to my room and went to turn it off before it went off. I then came downstairs again. I went to turn off the alarm for Leafy. She was sleeping on her desk. With papers all over her desk.

Oh Leafy. When will you learn. Since Leafy would spend the day time stressing and looking for a job, at night she would do homework as she would forget to do it first. I sighed. I began to collect all her homework papers. I then put them in her backpack. Somehow she gets them done every time. I smile to myself.

I decided to go and buy something to make some breakfast for Leafy and I with some of the left over allowance I had from a while ago. I was saving up for another video game. But Leafy is more important than video games.

She would wake up sooner or later. Better be quick.

Leafy's POV

"Nghh.." I woke up. I smell something in the air. I looked at my alarm clock, it was 7:00 in the morning. School starts in an hour or so. I get up and walk towards the kitchen. Autumn was setting up the  table. "Hey Leafy, come sit down." Autumn smiled at me when she saw me come in the room. I smiled at her. "Where did you get the ingredients to make breakfast?" I asked as I sat down. "Left over allowance." She answered before she sat down.

"Before you start saying I needed it for lunch or something, we need it right now. Especially you. You haven't ate well. You would give me what you would have to eat. We need it more than ever." She looked at the side. As she looked back, I set a small smile. "Alright." I said.

We finished eating breakfast and started getting ready for school.

As I was walking with Autumn towards her school, My phone started ringing. I looked at the number and realized it was the number on the flyer! I quickly answered it. "Hello?" Autumn looked up from her book. I was wearing headphones, so she was curious who I was talking to. I looked at her and motioned to her "give me a minute." She nodded and went back to reading her book.
"Hello. Is this Leafy Evergreen?" The voice sounded familiar. I couldn't tell who it was.

"Oh! Um yes that's me!" I answered.

"Well hello there! I'd like to tell you that your hired!" The voice replied.

I put my hand up to my mouth and covered it in disbelief.

"When would you like to start working?" The voice asked.

"I- I would like to start later today at 4:00! If that's okay of course!"

"Yes that's fine! You did say you'd like to work in the afternoon as you are a Freshman in highschool."

"Okay!" I answered.

"Alright then if you have any questions! Just ask once you get there!"

"Alright! B-bye!"

"Goodbye!" And the number hung up.

I was in disbelief. Autumn looked at me. I put away my headphones and phone. I smiled, relieved.

"So? What was that about?" Autumn asked.

"I got the job." I smiled towards her.

Me and her already made a plan if I DID get the job. As I am very paranoid, I don't want to leave her home alone, I decided to ask pin if autumn could stay with her while I'm at work. She said, "alright! I'm fine with that! My parents are too! Good luck getting the job!" Pin has two younger siblings, twins actually. They both grew up with Autumn. Just like us! So she would have more company.

Autumn looked at me. Smiled at me. "I'm glad."

"You'll do great. I just know it."

"Thanks Autumn."

"Want to get gum? I still have some allowance left."

I laugh. "Oh Autumn."

A/N: 685 Words. Sorry this was late. I'll try to write two chapters tomorrow to make up for it :]