Stay

3rd Person POV

Leafy was red. Although Firey didn't seem to notice.

Firey wouldn't let go of leafy, whenever she tried to escape out of his embrace, he would bring her back into the same exact position and hold her tighter.

"A-are you sure I should stay? I really should get your moth—" Firey stopped her from finishing her sentence.

"Your v-very warm.." He said as he hugged her a bit tighter.

"Just..don't l-leave..not now a-Atleast. It's t-too c..cold." His hold of leafy began to loosen.

"O-okay." She slowly lifted his arms around her, turned around and got up.

Before he could react with alarm, Leafy said,

"It's okay, I won't leave. Just lay down and relax. I'll stay."

Firey slowly but surely eventually laid down.

Leafy kept him company until he fell asleep.

And just in time he fell asleep at the same time when she could leave for home.

Of course she didn't have to stay all day,
Although she felt awful leaving him like this just for home.

Then she remembered about autumn. She has to take care of her.

Before heading out, Leafy told Mrs. Azar about Firey's fever and how it got worse. They would take care of him.

As soon as Autumn and Leafy got home they ate dinner, and both were in the living room.

"I'm going to be in my room if you need me autumn!"

"Okay!" Autumn said in response.

Leafy closed her bedroom door and sat at her bed.

She was Thinking about her bills she had to pay.

"I have enough now!"

She smiled to herself.

Then she thought about Firey.

She felt a bit guilty for leaving him there even though he asked her to—

"..please stay he said.." Leafy said remembering about those few words.

*Your very warm..*

Leafy blushed as she thought about those words. She didn't know why but those words caused her to turn red.

*im not falling for him..am I?!*

"No, leafy it's okay..He just was sick..He was cold so he said you were warm.. it's not like he likes me anyways..right?."

...

Leafy thought about this, mostly she thought this was true, and did her best to believe this theory of hers. Although a part of her does wish something else.

"W-whatever. I don't like him either."

She kept thinking more into her theory though.

"Too much thinking..I'm getting very confused.."

Leafy laid down on her bed and thought about a different topic instead.

————

Firey woke up around 2 Am.

"Mm..huh?."

Firey looked up at the window. It was darker out. He sat up.

He didn't feel like he was freezing anymore. But he still felt sick.

He started to think about what he last remembered when he suddenly thought of leafy.

He looked around for her, then checked his clock.

"Of course she isn't here..it's 2 am."

He then laid down again with his arm against his face.

Then he thought about the words he said earlier.

He immediately rises up, this time with a burning face.

"I- I definitely wasn't thinking. I really said that?!"

He thought about how he Holden her.

"And I held her very tightly too..I really wasn't thinking in the moment.."

Leafy was very close to Firey. If he was thinking in the moment he definitely would've turned more than a tomato.

"Do I like her?.."

He had many questions in mind.
But then he just thought about her in the same moment.

Him not thinking, looking at her, he saw a girl who was too stunned to even do anything. Of course she tried to escape his embrace whenever she could because he was sick, and she had to take care of him.

"Hm."

He thought more about her reaction.

Her green-emerald eyes..her long soft hair. Her voice that was soft, and peaceful. He felt safe around her.

Firey felt himself turn more red the more he thought about her features.

"I don't think I like her...I think I just..might love her."

Maybe. Just maybe

One of these days

He might just have enough courage to ask her to hang out.

As friends on a handout.

Or

As more? On more than a hangout?

720 Words!