Nightmare

"Finally Finished!" said Jisoo as she stretched her arms over her head. She just finished writing her resume for her fourth job. Jisoo had many jobs as a working adult, there was no relaxing with her. Her schedule starts with her internship at a nearby firm. In the evening she works for a burger place and lastly, she works half a night shift as a receptionist for her town's Business.

KNOCK KNOCK!

"WHO THE HELL IS AT MY DOOR NOW! " she groaned.

She opens the door and is unpleasantly greeted by a tall wrinkled old man, who happens to be her annoying landlord."I think your well aware why I'm here"

Why the hell are you here she thought to herself. "Your lease is over and your deep in debt," he said. "The only reason I let you off the hook was because of your mom, I was lenient and partial, but you couldn't even pay 2 months' rent without her."

Jisoo looked down at her feet, speechless, and was very unsure about the future. Before she lifted her head to talk to her landlord, she looked at her necklace which had a special stone that her mom gave, before she passed away. She looked at it with hope, wishing these few months were a dream and that the nightmare would be over.

"Pack your things and leave before midnight and that's the most time i can give," says the landlord coldly before he left her all to herself. Jisoo shut the door and leaned on it trying her best not to cry." Is this all because he might have heard me screaming before I opened the door" she bitterly chuckled to herself, trying to be strong like her mother.

She sat down at her desk feeling like she would burst her emotions out. She opened a random book and started pouring her heart out.

7th July,

Ok, I know you're meeting me at a shitty time but this is my book so get ready for a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm usually not like this, ask any of my neighbors! I'm always very chatty and I always try to be positive. It's pretty hard with everything that's going on right now, but that's what my mom would have wanted ....right? I think this whole downward spiral started when my mom left me. I still regret it to this day that I didn't even get to say goodbye to her before she left for work. I said it every but why didn't I say it that time. It's all because of my stupid school project. I spent all night working and overslept. I didn't even get to see her face that morning but she still told me something I was too sleepy to remember. Look at me being so defeated I'm even getting very sappy haha, it's not like I can change the past [ i hope that thing doesn't happen again... tho] Ok I better stop writing before he gets even more pissed.

Love,

Jisoo

Jisoo had finished taping the last few boxes before her landlord was at her doorstep again "Arent you have done yet" he screams rather aggressively at the poor brunette who doesn't seem to know what to do. "These boxes are quite heavy you know, wouldn't really mind some help over here if you needed me gone," she says with a sassy tone. After a lot of pulling and pushing of boxes, she was finally done, feeling a bit satisfied with herself. But her hardest challenge was yet to approach her. Now, what do I do she thought to herself. It was so late that no hotels had any rooms and she didn't have much family. The best thing for her to do was set her stuff in a nearby park and sleep on a bench for the remainder of the night.

Her body was exhausted from all the workout she had to do in such a short and time and before she could remember, her eyes went into a deep slumber. She despised sleeping because every time she slept, she got into a nightmare worse than the night before. No matter how much she tried these nightmares never left her. Jisoo thought that she could get used to it but it slowly-slowly became a part of her. This was why humor was such a huge part of her life. She felt joy making others laugh. It was her way of copping. 

Where am I? this is very weird, all I can see are corridors of room ahead of me with signs,s and all I can hear are sirens. This seems very familiar but why can't I remember from where? I wanna go ahead but I'm scared. It's fine. I know everything will be just fine. Jisoo walks down the narrow pathway with vintage-looking tiles. There were white doors throughout this long hallway but as she went slowly went further they started to close in on her. The flooring tiles went from 5 to only 1 tile as she went on. Jisoo started to get scared and regretted her decision of walking this path. She was scared of the dark and as she went on the lights got dimmer and dimmer. I am in a hallway all by myself and the sirens I used to hear are gone, it's like everything has left me and everyone disappeared, I can't even hear any animals. She tries screaming for help and tried running back. My legs aren't moving and I can't even hear myself. Just when all hope was lost her attention landed on one of the doors that were black and it stood out because of a single lightbulb that was fixated from the ceiling. She read the sign saying, Kim Dara. There was no way that her mother was actually in that room. But she couldn't help but take a chance on it. She forgot about her fears for that moment and was very anxious to open it. She slowly starts to open the very creaky door and found herself looking at a hospital room. Those memories had come to her. The crying, the pain, the torment, and worst of the loneliness, reminded her of this room. "Eomma" she cried slowly as she walked toward the bed. There was trembling silence and this was what she feared the most. She knew what was under the sheet over that bed and she knew that she would regret it. Things went dark...

Jisoo woke up with tearful eyes. Moreso from relief that it was just a nightmare. She looked at the empty park that surrounder and felt lonely more than ever.  "You need to come with me, Miss Kim there is no time to waste." said a voice from behind. Jisoo thought to herself,  'is the nightmare not over?'