Chapter One:

Freyja's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Today Thor was going to become King of Asgard and we were all to attend. Which meant dressing up to look prim and proper infront of the Asgardians. I prefered trousers and a corset, but Frigga insisted I wear a dress. She had been my mother figure after Odin took me under his wing.
14 years had passed since I lost my brother and father, and since then, I had become a fighter and a sorceress. Sif and I would train and fight during the day and if Thor needed us, then we'd join him in battle. Then in the evenings, Frigga would take Loki and I aside and teach us how to control our magic. After a feast in the hall, Loki and I would sit in each others silence with a book, whilst Thor partied and drank, celebrating whatever victory they had got.
But today, was different. I could sense something bad and I absolutley did not want to attend tonight.

I heard a knock at my door and Frigga entered. "Freyja dear, you must change. Lady Sif is waiting for you." She smiled, gesturing to the elegant dress that she had pulled out for me. I smiled at her reluctantly and she waited until I had changed. "Come on, take a seat. I'll do your hair for you." Frigga smiled, looking down at me. "Thank you Frigga." I said gratefully. She just stood there in awe. "You look beautiful. Now come, we must hurry." The Queen of Asgard said. "Ah! There she is! Woah, I know someone who is going to be stunned when he sees you." Sif said suggestively, earning an eyeroll from me.

We entered the Hall and saw Odin sitting on the Throne and Loki standing on the sidelines

We entered the Hall and saw Odin sitting on the Throne and Loki standing on the sidelines. He turned to look at me and his mouth hung open slightly. "Told you." Sif nudged and I glared at her. "Don't be silly." I protested. "Nice of you to join us." Loki teased when I moved beside him. "Oh shush, it wasn't my idea to wear this ridiculous outfit. I'd much rather be wearing trousers to this thing. Honestly, it's a trip hazard!" I whisper yelled. Loki chuckled. "Well, you look very ladylike. I had to take a double take when you walked through the door. I didn't recognise you." He taunted, causing us to laugh between ourselves. However, it was cut short when Odin cleared his throat.

Moments later, the crowd began to cheer as Thor walked along the path. He thrusted Mjolnir into the air and the crowd cheered louder. As he approached the Throne, he sent a wink to Sif. "Oh please." She scoffed with an eyeroll and I stifled a laugh. Gods, he was full of himself. Spears thudded against the golden floor to signal silence.
"Thor Odinson, my heir, my firstborn." Odin began, and I glanced to Loki sympathetically. "So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of the dying star, it's power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build. 'Tis a fit companion for a King. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms from the time of the great beginning. Though the day has come..." Odin said.
"Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?" Odin asked. "I swear." Thor replied. "And to preserve the peace?"
"I swear."
"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and pledge yourself only to the good of the Realms?"
"I swear!"
"Then, on this day, I, Odin Allfather, proclaim you..." But he fell silent. Seconds passed and he gasped. "The Frost Giants!" He exclaimed.

*****

Odin lead Thor, Loki and I down to the vault. "The Jotuns must pay for what they've done!" Thor exclaimed angrily. "They have paid, with their lives." Odin said. "The Destroyer did it's work, the Casket is safe, all is well." Thor scoffed, causing Loki and I to turn to each other knowingly. "All is well? They broke into the weapons vault! If the Frost Giants had stolen even one of these relics..." Thor started. "They didn't." Odin interuppted calmly, but you could tell his patience was thinning. "I have a truce with Laufey, King of the Jotuns." He said. "He just broke your truce! They know you're vulnerable!" Thor cried. "What action will you take?" The Allfather asked his son. "March into Jotunheim as you once did. Teach them a lesson. Break their spirits so they'll never dare try to cross our borders again." The God of Thunder explained. I sighed. "You're thinking as only a warrior." I reasoned. "This was an act of war!"
"It was the act of but a few, doomed to fail." Odin said. "Look how far they got!" Thor argued. "We will find the breach in our defenses and it will be sealed." Odin said. "As King of Asgard..."
"But you're not King! Not yet." Odin snapped, as Thor stormed off, leaving Loki and I standing there.

*****

Thor yelled in anger, as he flipped a banquet table. Once he was satisfied, he moved and sat on the stairs. It was then, Loki and I decided to make ourselves known and we sat either side of him. "It is unwise to be in my company right now. This was to be my day of triumph." Thor sulked. "It'll come. In time." I consoled. Loki leaned in closer to Thor. "If it's any consolation, I think you're right. About the Frost Giants, about Laufey, about everything." Oh Loki you sly, sly motherfucker. "If they found a way to penetrate Asgard's defenses once, who's to say they won't try again? Next time, with an army." Loki grinned. "Exactly!" Thor cried. "There's nothing you can do withiut defying Father." Loki said. Thor stood up, proudly, like an idea had just sprung to mind. "No, no, no. I know that look." Loki said, acting innocent. "That's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders." He exclaimed. "Thor, it's madness." I reasoned, knowing he wasnt going to let this go. "Madness? What sort of madness?" Volstagg asked. I hadn't realised Thor's friends, and Sif had entered. "We're going to Jotunheim." Thor announced. "What?!" Volstagg laughed. "This isn't a journey to Earth where you summon a little lightning and thunder, and the mortals worship you as a God. This is Jotunheim!" Fandral explained. "My father fought his way into Jotunheim, defeated their armies and took their Casket. We would just be looking for answers!" Thor protested. "It is forbidden!" Sif cried. "My friends, have you forgotten all that we have done together? Fandral, Hogun, Who lead you to the most glorious of battles?" Thor asked. "You did." They said. "And Volstagg, who got you delicacies so succulent, you thought you'd died and gone to Valhalla?" Thor cried, and they laughed at the memories. "You did." He said. He stood in front of me and Sif. "And who proved wrong all who scoffed at the idea that  young maidens could be two of the fiercest warriors this realm has ever known?" Sif and I looked at each other. "We did." I said, getting a smirk from Loki. "True, but I supported you." Thor added.

"My friends. We're going to Jotunheim." Thor finalised, and I shot Loki a playful look.