Chapter Nine

I sat opposite Loki with a coffee as I watched Miss Minutes test him

I sat opposite Loki with a coffee as I watched Miss Minutes test him. I leaned back in my chair and put my feet up on the desk and ate an apple. "Okay ya'll, lets review what we've learned." She asked him, but Loki had his head buried in one of Mobius' jetski magazines. "What happens when a nexus event branches past a red line?" She asked jovially. "Very bad things." Loki huffed. "Come on Loki, What is it?" I asked with a chuckle and he let out a deep sigh. "It's when the TVA can no longer reset a nexus event. Okay? Boring." He huffed. "Right. And that would lead to the destruction of the timeline." I told him. "And the collapse of reality as we know it." Miss Minutes added. Loki looked puzzled for a second. "Can you hear me? Are you a recording? Or are you alive?" Loki asked the orange clock. "Uh, sorta both." She answered. Loki shot me his signature mischievious grin. Seconds later, he tried to bat away Miss Minutes with Mobius' magazine rolled up. "Ah!" She cried, jumping to a different spot. He went to hit her again, and she kept moving. "Watch it! Where are your manners?" She scolded. He swung at her again but she dodged quickly. "Oh! Hey! Quit it!" She cried, casuing me and Loki to laugh. He went to swat her again, but she hid in the screen. "That's not nice. Jerk." She said, with her arms crossed and a little angry face. "You can't hide-" Loki started. "Training going well?" Mobius asked. "Yeah." Loki said. "Is that my jetski magazine? Put it down. Gear up. There's been an attack. Let's go." Mobius said, giving Loki something, and taking away my coffee. "Hey! Unfair!" I sulked, crossing mym arms over my chest with a pout. "Let's face it Freyja, that was probably your fifth one this morning." He said. "What's wrong with that?" I asked. "Freyja, it is 9 oclock. You've been up for two." Mobius said as Loki put on his jacket. "Fine." I sighed, conjuring up another one when he wasn't looking. "Good?" Loki asked. "Yeah. Smart." Mobius said.

We stood in the briefing room all in a circle, as I sipped on my sixth coffee of the morning, much to Mobius' disappointment. "C-20 and her team went dark shortly after they jumped into the 1985 branch. All signs point to another ambush. We've grabbed enough temporal aura to know it's our Loki variant. But which kind of Loki, remains unknown." B-15 informed. "The lesser kind, just to be clear." Loki interjected, earning a glare from B-15. "Let me see the back of that jacket?" She inquired. Loki turned around and VARIANT was plastered on his back. "Very subtle." I mumbled under my breath. "Very subtle, good job." Loki said, he must have heard me. "I don't want anybody out there to forget what you are." B-15 sneered. "Oh, your only hope at cathing this murderer?" Loki shot back. "No. A cosmic mistake." She spat. "That's enough." I scolded, shooting her a glare. "Don't forget your place aswell variant. You may sleep in a room, and have access to your own clothes, but you're still a variant." She said, and we stared at each other. "That's enough." Mobius said again. We looked away from each other and Mobius smiled. "Lovely." He said. "Here's the deal. When we get out on the branch, we're not just looking for a Time Criminal. We're looking for a Loki A variation of this guy." Mobius said, and a small hologram displayed pictures of different Loki's. I looked at Loki's confused face, as he looked at all the different variants of him. I nudged him playfully, when a muscly Loki appeared.