Chapter Twenty One

Freyja's POV

Loki and I were sat next to each other outside on a bank. The others were under a dilapidated building with a crackling fire. But Sylvie had insisted that Loki and I needed to talk. "It's cold." Loki muttered to break the silence, but I just hummed in response. He used his magic to wrap a rather uncomfortable blanket around himself. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "I could conjure one for you, if you like." Loki offered, noticing me watching. "I'm fine thank you. And you are aware I can make my own, yes?" I told him with a chuckle. Then it went back to silence. You'd think, knowing each other for thousands of years, that we could just sit and have a conversation about anything. But clearly that was not the case. "I don't know how to do this." Loki started. "I don't even know what we're doing." I smiled softly. "I don't have friends. I don't have... anyone. Apart from you Freyja." Loki confessed. "Well... there are more important things, right?" I shrugged, looking away. But Loki pulled me back to face him, he searched my face to try and find something. "I'm afraid to say it, but no. Not in this instance Freyja. You mean the absolute world to me, and I'd hate myself if something were to happen today and I never got to tell you. I have finally mustered up the courage to tell you how I feel and I am not letting anyone interrupt me this time." He said passionately. I looked at him with wide eyes, and he continued. "Freyja, I adore you. I have since we were children. Watching how my life turned out back at the TVA, and spending this time together, I've realised something. Something I should have realised a long time ago. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you Freyja, I was just too cowardly to tell you." He smiled hopefully. "I love you too Loki." I grinned, pulling his face to meet mine. The kiss was gentle, yet desperate. I smiled as he pulled away, we looked into each others eyes for a while longer, before I put my head on his shoulder. He conjured another half of the blanket and it wrapped neatly around me. I chuckled, "It's not very snuggly." I said. "Okay." Loki said with a small laugh. "Is it a tablecloth?" I asked, lifting my head from his shoulder. "No, it's a blanket." He smiled, laughing properly now. "I'll show you a blanket." I smirked, conjuring a gold and green fluffy blanket around us both. "Okay, you win. This is much more comfortable. Thank you." He smiled. I looked up to him. "My pleasure." I replied. "Have I told you I love you?" Loki asked, eyes never leaving his face. "Hmmm, I don't believe you have." I grinned. "I love you, Freyja Sigurddottir." He said. "I love you too Loki Laufeyson." I smiled as we leant in for a kiss again, it got more heated and somehow I had moved onto Loki's lap and discarded the blanket.

"Hey! There is a child here!" Sylvie called, with a massive smirk. I pulled away from the God and tried to hide my blushing face, when I realised the others were there. I looked up to the audience and saw Mobius with a proud grin whilst the others held a shocked expression on each of their faces.
We got up and stood facing Alioth. "Okay, so what's the next move?" Mobius asked. "The TVA needs to be brought down. We don't know who created it or where they are, but that thing out there does. When it hit me earlier, I linked to it. It was brief, but I caught a glimpse of something, and I think if I can get close enough to it, I can enchant it, and it's gonna take me to whoever's behind all of this." Sylvie said, handing the tempad to Loki. He looked down at it, then shared a knowing look with me. I nodded in understanding. "I'm staying." Loki announced. "Loki, I don't know if this is gonna work." Sylvie admitted. "You go, I go." He said boldly, handing the Tempad to Mobius. "I'm staying too." I cried, causing Loki to turn to me in suprise. "Don't expect me to let you risk your life on your own. I'm going with you both. We've done this much together. Let's finish it." I smiled. "It's happening, guys. The branch will be right out there." Kid Loki warned and we all looked. "I'll give your regards to Renslayer." Mobius shouted. "Oh, please do." Sylvie and I said in unison. "You boys want a ticket out of here?" Mobius asked the two Loki variants. "What? No. We're staying here." Kid Loki replied. "This is our home." Older Loki said. "Are you sure? What about Alioth?" I asked. "We've survived this long. We know what we're doing." Older Loki nodded. "Loki, you're gonna need this on your journey. Go on." Kid Loki said, handing Loki his flaming sword. "And Freyja, in my universe, you opened it that night." He said, handing me something wrapped in cloth. I opened it to see the hairpin that my father gifted me before he died. I choked back a sob. "Thank you." I smiled. I used my magic to conjure up my signature battle gear, only I added the hairpin and Loki crafted a holster for his sword. "Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for." Older Loki said. Loki and I nodded in acknowledgement, as the three Loki's walked away. Mobius opened the door back to the TVA. "Looks like you got away in the end." He laughed to Loki. "I always do." Loki smiled. "What will you do at the TVA?" Loki asked. "Burn it to the ground. Thanks for the spark." Mobius said, before turning to me. "Thank you for being my friend Mobius, I know you didn't have to." I thanked as he smiled fondly. "No, thank you Freyja, you've helped me in more ways than one. Hey, if it wasn't for you three, I'd still be stuck being Renslayer's puppet." Mobius chuckled. I smiled at him one last time. "Well, see you later, Loki. You too Freyja." He said, holding his hand out. "Oh come on, don't be daft." I said, pulling him and Loki into a hug. "Thank you, my friend." Loki said. "You're my favorite." I heard Mobius say to Sylvie. He let go of the hug and walked through the door. Loki and I turned around and composed ourselves, ready to battle Alioth.

"When a branch appears, Alioth will focus on it. That's when I'll enchant it." Sylvie explained. We were now stood the closest to the beast that we had ever been. "What if we don't have time to wait for a branch?" Loki asked. "We'll have to cause a distraction." Sylvie said. After a moment, Loki turned to me with an apologetic look. "No." I said firmly, but he nodded his head. He brought his face down to mine. "I love you." He said, before kissing me softly. He placed a hand on Sylvie's shoulder to let her know what he was about to do, she looked to me and then shook her head at him. With no words, he nodded and then started running away from us. "Help me enchant it okay?" Sylvie said. "But I don't know how." I protested. "Your magic is the same as Loki's and Loki's is the same as mine. Just focus." She explained. "Okay." I nodded, taking her hand to amplify the power. A large green glow emitted from our hands as we attempted to enchant the creature. "Come and get me!" I heard him yell, as he waved the flaming sword as a beacon. But Alioth must've seen the light Sylvie and I were making, because he was getting closer and I could hear Loki frantically yelling. "No! This way! Come and get me!" He yelled.
Just before the beast could devour us, a massive green light came from nowhere and distracted it. Loki ran towards Sylvie and I as we watched in awe as the Older Loki conjured up Asgard. "How is he doing that?" Sylvie asked. "I think we're stronger than we realize." Loki replied. "Go!" The Older Loki yelled. Sylvie grabbed onto Loki's hand. "What are you doing?" He yelled. "We're gonna enchant it." Sylvie shouted. "I don't know how." Loki argued. "You do. Because we're the same!" Sylvie cried. The three of us got hold of a branch, and a green energy left our hands. Suddenly a jolt of energy left my hand and I slowly opened my eyes to see a green mist and a tower in the middle of it.

"We did it." I breathed.