Chapter Fifteen

Freyja's POV

After what felt like hours, I woke up to hear music. I looked opposite me, and noticed Sylvie had just woken up aswell. Our heads turned to the source of the noise. Loki had removed his disguise and was prancing about drunk. I rolled my eyes with no suprise.
"Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger "kom hjem"
Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
When she sings, she sings "come home"

When she sings, she sings "come home" He sang happily. Sylvie and I tried to ask him where his jacket was, but he didn't take the hint and started dancing.
"

Men trærne danser og fossene stanser

Når hun synger, hun synger "kom hjem"
Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
When she sings, she sings "come home"
When she sings, she sings "come home" Suddenly, I recognised the tune of the next part of the song, and Loki's eyes remained on mine.
"

I stormsvarte fjell

Jeg vandrer alene
Over isbreen tar jeg meg frem
I eplehagen står møyen den vene
Og synger, "Når kommer du hjem?" He finished, with a small smile. I returned it, but my face dropped when he began singing again.
"

Men trærne danser og fossene stanser

Når hun synger, hun synger "kom hjem"
Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
When she sings, she sings "come home"
When she sings, she sings "come home" To Freyja and Sylvie, everybody!" He cried. I noticed a man stand up and watch Loki suspiscously. I nudged Sylvie and she nodded, signalling she had seen him aswell. "Another!" Loki cheered, smashing the cocktail glass on the floor.

Sylvie and I stood up and marched over to the supposed god. I pulled him arm and brought him next to Sylvie and I. "You're drunk." I scolded. "No, I'm just full." Loki corrected. "But bear in mind, I'm very full." He turned to the bench, and took a small biscuit looking thing. "Now, I need you to try this. It pairs very nicely with the Figgy Port. Who's got the Figgy Port?" He questioned, but no one replied. "You have to take my word on the Figgy Port." Loki said. "Where's your uniform? We're meant to be laying low." Sylvie questioned angrily. "Honestly, I leave you alone for a few hours and you become a loose canon." I said with a shake of my head. "Nobody cares. It's the end of the world." Loki answered carelessly. "Loki, we think something's happening." I said seriously. "Yes. Uh, that planet is about to crash into us." He said blatantly. "Don't be an ass." I told him. "We saw some people looking at you weirdly." I explained. Loki leant against the bench and accidentally knocked the biscuit thing to the floor. He stared at it for a brief moment, before looking up. "What? When did you get so paranoid?" Loki asked with a furrowed brow. "Since we were on the run from the TVA with stolen property dumbass." I snapped. He looked down to the biscuit again. "It's a shame to let that go to waste." Loki said. I turned to Sylvie and we rolled our eyes in disbelief. "Hey! Change of subject." He said, turning to Sylvie. "I thought of an answer." He smiled. "To what?" She sighed. "Your question." He exclaimed happily. His eyes drifted to me and stayed there for a minute. "Love is a dagger." He told us, using his magic to form one. "It's a weapon to be wielded far away or up close. You can see yourself in it. It's beautiful. Until it makes you bleed. But ultimately, when you reach for it..." Sylvie reached for it, then Loki made it disappear. "It isn't real." I said. "Yeah." Loki said, holding my gaze again. "Love is an imaginary dagger." Sylvie interrupted.
"Doesn't make sense, does it?" Loki asked her. She shook her head. "No. Terrible metaphor." She informed. "Damn. I thought I had something there." He sighed.
I looked around, and the man from earlier had stepped through the sliding doors with several guards behind him. "That's him." He said, pointing at Loki. "Stay cool." Sylvie said. "It's gonna be fine." I added. "Sir, can I see your tickets?" The guard from the front door asked. "You again. Hello." Loki chuckled. "Um, tickets. Yes, of course." Loki said, looking at me in hope of an answer. I rolled my eyes used my magic to conjure up three tickets. "Here they are." I told him. He took them off us and Loki chuckled. "See, we're definitely not from the TVA and trying to get to the Arc." Loki smiled, and Sylvie and I snapped our head to him. "Oops." Loki said, looking at our angry faces. The guards, grabbed our wrists and pulled them behind our backs. "Look, is this really necessary? There is a simple explanation." Loki trailed off. A guard placed his hand on Loki's chest and Loki looked offended. "Hey." He said, putting him hand in the same place. They pushed and shoved each other for a bit, then we all started fighting. I used my magic, and Sylvie pulled off her horns to use as a weapon. I fought a guard and was grabbed from behind. He got me in a headlock and Loki noticed. I began walking backwards, and managed to hold him against the wall. Loki noticed this and threw a knife in our direction, but it landed right next to my head instead of the guards. "Awful throw." I scolded. I fought my way out of the guards grip, and saw Loki throw one out of the window. "Bye!" He waved happily, before he was taken and thrown out of the window as well. "Loki!" I cried, running towards the window. "Tempad!" I heard Sylvie mutter, as she followed behind me.

We rolled to break our landing, and landed a few feet away from Loki. "Well, that's not ideal." Loki sighed lightheartedly. But he turned around and was met with Sylvie's blade. "Give me the TemPad." She seethed. "All right. All right. Okay." Loki said, reaching to get it. I watched in disappointment as he pulled out a broken Tempad. "Well, I did take quite the tumble." He tried to reason. "You asshole. You killed us." She yelled. "Maybe we can fix it." Loki proposed. He fiddled with it some more, but ended up just breaking it even more. "Okay? Um..." Sylvie looked fuming. "You're not a serious man." She sneered. "You're right. I'm a god." Loki argued. "You're a clown." Sylvie said. "Loki, you got drunk on the train." I reasoned. "I'm hedonistic. That's what I do." Loki said. "I'm hedonistic. A lot more than you, I assure you. But never at the expense of the mission." Sylvie explained. "Oh, the mission? The mission? What, your glorious purpose? Give me a break. You can't beat them." He snapped. Sylvie looked up to him, then walked away. She let out an angry scream and sat down on a rock. She stayed there for a while, until Loki spoke up.
"You should talk to her." Loki suggested. "What? Why me?" I asked. "I think she can tolerate you more right now." He muttered.
I sighed and walked over to the rock.