Chapter 17

Nini has been really stressed lately, and Ricky noticed that. But he also had a plan to try and help.

She was sitting on the couch in one of Ricky's t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants, trying to enjoy one of her favorite TV shows when Ricky came into the room and turned off the TV.

Nini opened her mouth is shock. She was about to say something but before she could Ricky started playing music, but not just any music, it was the song that they had written almost 7 months ago now, Just For a Moment.

"May I have this dance" he asks reaching his out for her.

She grabbed his hand and let him pull her up from the couch and into his arms.

She wrapped her arms his neck as his arms wrap around her waist and they sway to the beat of the music.

After all said and done
I can't just pretend I'm movin' on
Is it just a part we're playing?
'Cause it don't feel like we're faking

"It's almost like we wrote this song knowing were we would end up" Ricky said smiling down at her.

"I think in my heart I always knew we would turn out like this" Nini replied and Ricky smiled.

They continued swaying to the music, occasionally humming along.

When the song repeated Ricky started quietly singing along.

I fell in love with the only girl
Who knows what I'm about

Soon Nini joined him in singing along.

I fell in love with a boy
And I can't tell if I fell out

After all said and done
I can't just pretend I'm movin' on
Is it just a part we're playing?
'Cause it don't feel like we're faking

When we're underneath the lights
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singing side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment
Just for a moment

A moment in love (Just for a moment)
But is a moment enough?

They continue singing along to the rest of the song. When the song is finished Ricky rests his forehead against hers and says something he's been wanting to say for a while now.

"I feel in love with you, Nini Salazar-Roberts"

"Ricky Bowen, I feel in love with you too" She says getting up on her tip toes to plant a piss on his lips, and he pulls her closer by her waist to deepen the kiss.

He picked her up by her waist and spun her around, causing Nini to break their kiss and let a small giggle escape her lips.

"I love you"

"I love you too"