Chapter 19

The AMA's were coming up and Nini and Ricky were both up for the same award, artist of the year. And their song, Just For A Moment, was also up for an award, collaboration of the year.

They were both very nervous. This would be the first time that they would be in the same place together in public since their "break up" and they couldn't be seen together.

Ricky wanted nothing more than to be able to walk the red carpet with his beautiful girlfriend by his side. To have his arm around her waist, and have everyone who saw them know that she was his and he was hers. But he couldn't because of their stupid contract.

So they had to go separately, which also meant getting ready separately.

Ricky's stylist met him at his apartment and Nini's stylist met her at her apartment. And since Ricky had to go back to his apartment, he decided to take all of his clothes back to his apartment to wash them and to get some new clothes to wear while he was at Nini apartment.

After getting ready they both rode to the award show in separate cars and at different times to make sure that there were people in between the two of them in the red carpet line.

Nini's outfit:

Ricky's outfit:

Ricky's outfit:

After they were done walking the red carpet they went to go sit in their seats, which were on opposite sides of the ballroom

They sat there for about an hour before the award for collaboration of the year came up.

"Tonight we honor some of your favorite artists who have teamed up for the best collaborations of the year. The nominees are: Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper- Shallow, Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus- Old Town Road, Marshmallow and Bastille- Happier, Nini Salazar-Roberts and Ricky Bowen- Just For a Moment, Dan and Say with Justin Bieber- 10,000 hours"

"And the winner of song collaboration of the year goes to" the announcer said, pausing for dramatic effect. "Nini Salazar-Roberts and Ricky Bowen, Just For a Moment" she yelled into the microphone. Nini and Ricky both stood up from their seats on opposite sides of the room and walked toward the stage. They made eye contact before quickly breaking it and continued walking while their song played in the background.

When they met at the stage Ricky gave Nini a small side hug, trying to not show too much affection because if it was up to him he probably would have kissed her right there. Someone soon came up from behind them and handed Nini the award and Ricky walked to the mic to say a few words.

"Thank you so much for this. I'd like to thank all the fans who supported us during the time the song was released and everyone who voted for it. Without you we would be nowhere near where we are today." Ricky said into the microphone as he held the award. "Thank you to our fans and thank you AMA's for having us. Thank you, love you" Nini said when it was her time to talk before her and Ricky were quickly shooed backstage.

Nini was going to say something to Ricky but before she could they were quickly rushed back to their seats as there was only one award before the winner of artist of the year would be announced.

"I am so excited to announce and present this year's most prestigious award. Here are the nominees of artist of the years: Ricky Bowen, Ariana Grande, Halsey, Post Malone, Nini Salazar-Roberts"

"And the American Music Award goes to our artist of the year Nini Salazar-Roberts"

The applause started immediately. Nini quickly looked at Ricky in shock as she stood up to receive her award. He gave a smile and a wink and continued clapping. She walked through the sea of people while one of her songs plays.

"Hi" she said laughing at how nervous she was, "I didn't prepare anything because there were some really talented people in this category and I didn't think I was going to win, but here we are. First I want to thank my moms, they were my first fans and the people that pushed me to do what I really love to do, which is make music. I also want to thank my fans whether you found my music yesterday or have been listening to me since my first single. You mean so much to me and I don't think I could thank you enough for helping me get to where I am today. Then I would also like to thank a person that is very close to me, you always help me be the best me I can be. Whenever I'm stuck on a lyric you're always there to help me or calm me down when I get too stressed. Without you I probably wouldn't be standing here so thank you" she said smiling and walking backstage.

Nini and Ricky had a plan to meet up in the alley next to where the award show was being held. "I'm so proud of you, my little artist of the year," he said, hugging her and spinning around when he saw her. "And our song won," Nini said. "I guess we have a lot to celebrate," he said, leaning down to kiss her lips.

 "I guess we have a lot to celebrate," he said, leaning down to kiss her lips