Chapter 1 - Narc

Song : Fingers By Lil Peep

Lennon

Echo Park Los Angeles.

Notorious for its underground music venues, taco trucks, wanna-be hipsters, wanna- be punks, and skateboarding.

Have I done or experienced any of it? No of course not because why would I if I absolutely hate it here. Hate is harsh, let's just say I'm not fond of it,but my mom needed to take a job out here.

Not the first time we have had to move and definitely not the last time, I know how this works. Even though she's a waitress it's like she's in the traveling fucking circus.

My mom is a waitress at a local pub down the strip, she followed her boss out here and by boss I mean the man who she's been head over heels with since she got the job. They have this weird relationship where they aren't actually together, but in both of their minds they are.

I blame him for the move, the fucker.

We made a major leap moving from Canada all the way out here to Los Angeles, but it's not like I'm missing anything back there besides the cool weather.

During all of my school years I had many friends, which then all fell into being my acquaintances, and by the end of my last year of high school, it was just me myself and I.

My mom was worried for me, she's always been more worried about my social life than I ever was, I really couldn't give a shit because at the end of the day, being around a group of people back then just didn't feel right to me. It felt lonely either way.

It's always been hard for me to connect.

I probably wouldn't hate it here as much if we had hot shower water to last us more than ten minutes, or if our drunken neighbours weren't constantly shouting at each other and then banging their headboard against my bedroom wall minutes after. Or if the air conditioning actually worked for once.

We live in an apartment complex, which of course I don't mind, it's just the rest of what comes with it that pisses me off.

So one may ask, 'Hey Lennon, what do you do if you're friendless, jobless and well, a straight-up loser who enjoys their own company?'

Great question.

Ever since I moved here around two weeks ago, I felt the strong urge to actually get up and leave my room. I needed to, for my own sanity.

It was around eleven at night when I set off for my little escapade with my headphones snug against my ears, walking the lively streets aimlessly looking for something to make stepping out worth my time and energy.

It took a lot of fence hopping and uphill walking around the area until my ears were met with a faint scraping sound, like bike wheels on gravel.

I'm not good at many things, but one thing I'm fucking fantastic at is being nosy and not minding my business.

I remember turning my head to the side of the dimly lit side street that I was walking along and found myself being met face to face with an empty parking lot, and right beyond that was another tall chain-linked fence around six feet tall.