Prologue: I'll Help You

"See you tommorow!!!" I waved goodbye with the usual energetic and friendly smile, as the bus drove off. Leaving me alone here on the street walk of the school entrance.

When I couldn't see the bus anymore, I took my phone, and pressed the play button, and started walking back home.

As I walk, different people, some of them, I already know and befriended, for they also usually see me walk hime by this time.

For example, Mr. Sawyers. The school gardener. He waved at me with his smile, and I did the same. There's also the old lady by the park bench, she's always there, reading books, with, I concluded, her late husband's picture.

Then the worker I've accidentally bumped while I'm beating the red light. He's an editor in a publishing company. He's nice, and he's quite cheerful for an 27 years old editor. We always had a small chat while crossing the lane. It became a habit for us to wait for each other to cross. Though I'm crossing to go home from school, he's crossing because that's his shift time in his work.

When I got home, I was greeted by our dog, Kris, a yorkshire terrier. He's named after his favorite food. Crisps.

"I'm home!" I yelled. I gave Kris some scratch and some Crisps. "Here Kris." he ate it happily and ran off in the living room.

"Honey, I baked some cupcakes. Want some?" my mom greeted, while a wave was all I got from my older brother, who's eating from the ice cream tub.

"Nah. I'm not yet hungry. Maybe later." I said as I took off my shoes and placed it inside the shoe rack.

"Okay!" I gave her a peck on the cheek, and then she's back with her cupcakes.

"I'll be on my room." I said and left to go upstairs.

I took my clothes off, and wear some more comfortable clothes and tied my long black hair into a bun. I then turned the computer on and let my phone play by the speakers.

I opened the browser and went straight to open my social networking account. It is focused on posting of videos and music, this is where I post my works.

After pausing the currently playing song, I took my guitar, and placed the microphone in front of the desktop. I opened a the creator tab, clicked the record button and started strumming.

"So you find yourself at this subway

With your world in a bag by your side

And all at once it seemed like a good way

You realize it's the end of the line

For what it's worth

Here comes the train upon the track

And there goes the pain, it cuts to black

Are you ready for the last act?

To take a step you can't take back?

Taken all the punches you could take

Took 'em all right on the chest

Now the camel's back is breaking

Again, again

For what it's worth