Entry 6: One Way Mirror

"I'm really sorry about earlier, Margaret." For the nth time, Mr. Sander apologize with Ms. Angie.

I ruffled my hair slightly and smiled.

"It's really nothing, Mr. Sander. Please, stop apologizing already." he sighed at this and smiled.

"Fine... In return, here." he placed the taco filled plate in the table infront of us. "Help yourselves with this." I grabbed one, and muttered a thanks.

"Well, you really have a cute reaction... As expected from a heaven sent..." Ms. Angie said as she chew her food.

"Oh Angie... I don't know what should I do to you anymore... Anyway, why are you dressed like that?" Mr. Sander asked as he sat across us and grabbed a taco for himself.

She's wearing a white summer chiffon dress with I assume red paint splattered on it, and sime fake blood on her face and arms. Her long black hair is really messy and she looks so pale with too much foundation and black eyeshadow on her eyes. Her lips look so pale, and when she hugged me earlier, she's so cold.

"Hmmm... Well, I'm having a hard time illustrating my monster, that's why I decided to dress up like how I visualize her." she said.

Ms. Angie is a grotesque horror novelist, and I've heard that she's quite famous.

We chatted for a while, mostly about me because Ms. Angie keep insisting. Its really easy to talk with them, sometimes, they would join in and agree, then share their own expirience. I found myself actually enjoying conversing with them than with the kids in my age.

Time pass when you're enjoying, they said, and I need to go home, or else my brother would run havoc.

"I'll walk you home." Ms. Angie declared all of the sudden. Mr. Sander's taking his phone business in the kitchen, leaving the two of us here in the living room.

"You don't need to...!" I exclaimed.

"I insist. After all, Sander won't be able to walk you back since he'll be attending some personal matters." She said as she look at the kitchen, and as if on cue, Mr. Sander came out of the kitchen, smiling apologeticaly.

"I'm sorry, Margarete. I couldn't walk you home. You see, something happened for my sister's debut's preparation, and they need me there." he said, as he clean the table up, but Ms. Angie stopped him.

"I'll do that later, and I'll send Marge home. Go. They need you there." Mr. Sander was about yo protest, but then, Ms. Angie smiled at him and that made him sigh with a smile.

"Okay. But I'll still need the manuscript tomorrow morning, no buts." Ms. Angie nodded, then Mr. Sander looked at me. "And Margarete, here!" he took an invitation from his bag and gave it to me."It's my younger sister's debut, the day after tomorrow, and I hope you could come. Semi formal masquerade party." I was about to protest but he already left.

"Come on, it's already late." Ms. Angie said as she took her coat. I've noticed that she washed her face and changed her clothes. She then grabbed her jacket, and lead me out of the room, then she followed after she locked the door.

"You'll go to the party, right?" she asked as we came out from the huge building.

"Maybe? I'm not really sure, since I don't even know who the gal is." I replied, not noticing that I'm swinging my hand like a kid would.

"I'd be really happy to have you as company. You see, the only one I get along with was Sander's family, especially the lil' kid and Sander, then their goldfish, Goudie." I looked at her, and I really thought that she's just humoring me, but she's not.

"Why?" I asked. I mean, she's really pretty, and smart, clever and witty, and kind. So why not?

Then she looked at me like she's not expecting to be asked with that question, then she giggled.

"Well, I'm weird, an introvert, and I could be a snob if I want to, a little pessimist, and a pinch of arrogant, so only special person could see past the dirt that's covering the diamond." we stopped when the light turned red, I'm standing beside her.

"You're one of both, so you shouldn't mind too much the roughing life gives you." I stared at her, I'm not that smart, but, I could at least know what some signals mean.

"I used to be so much like you, back then. Until I met Sander. He made me realize that I do have a worth. I could still feel depressed sometimes, but it won't take too long when I realize those who love who I am."

"How did you know?" I mumbled.

"I could see myself to you." she simply said. "I once felt that no one would understand me, and I proved it, but Sander and his family showed me that I don't need someone who understands me. What I need is to believe that there's someone who will love me for who I am."

"I know that." I said. "I know that they love me. I can't help to not trust that though." I could feel her looking at me, but I didn't mind it and continued.

"The saying 'Love is blind', I have my own adoption for that. The feeling of overwhelming love for them made you blind and ask if they really feel the same. I'm scared to believe, that's why I pretend to." We have reached the street where I live, and I could see my house already.

"That would only hurt you." she said. "We almost have an identical situation, but its differences makes it hard for me to help." she took her phone and got some card on the phone's case's pocket, and gave it to me.

"Let me listen. I know I can't help that much, but at least let me lift some of your fears."

"Thanks. That'll do." I stopped in front of my house's porch. "We're here."

"Okay. Thanks for today. See you at the party?" she asked.

"Sure. Why not?" I answered.

"Oh, and, could you do me a favor?" She asked.

"Avygeil and I really love Kuroujo's composed songs and covers. Would you like to sing at the stage with me? It would serve as our gift to her. Well, that's if you won't mind...." my mouth was left hanging with what I just heard.

"I c-can't understand..." is all I could say.

"I'm a fan." she said with a smile and shrugged. "Please?"

"Uhmm. Okay? I don't need to reveal my identity, right?" I asked.

"I don't think so... After all, it is a masquerade party." I nodded at that and bade her good night.