Pass The Torch (Prologue-Chapter 5)

Prologue:

Who the Heck is Sparda and why am I related to him?

I'm Lux Redgrave. I'm what you call a Half-Blood, you know someone who is Half Human Half God. However, I'm a little different in comparison. I have demonic blood. How? Well, how about I explain. But if you see yourself in this, stop reading, trust me, most of the time it's easier for Half-Bloods to not know what they are.

Anyway, two Thousand Years Ago, during the Age of the Gods. Demons attacked humanity. The Gods of Olympus were struggling, fighting demons in the skies, sea, land, even the Underworld was in jeopardy. The one leading this, was the Demon King Mundus.

One day, a small group of Huntresses were... well, hunting, when a large demon attacked them, they tried to fight back, but the demon was too strong and durable to be defeated by them. Well that was until a powerful warrior killed it effortlessly, well, it was actually a demon. This was Sparda, or The Legendary Dark Knight. He led the Huntresses to Artemis, then disappeared. Only to find himself protecting Athens apparently. When Athena wanted to reward him, he refused, he only wished that he could end this war himself, only giving Athena his name.

Eventually, Sparda led something equivalent to a mercenary troupe, humans, demons who followed him, even certain monsters joined him. After everything went down, the only people he refused to join him were the gods themselves. However, he knew full well that he'd need the gods' help to create the seal.

On the day of the Summer Solstice, Sparda met Mundus in combat. He was triumphant and the Tower known as Temen Ni'Gru was sieged. Zeus punished the mortals who worshipped within the tower, he was angered by them saying that Mundus was superior to Zeus, and if you know why saying you're stronger than Zeus, God of Gods, one who could cause an army of the divine to retreat by the mention of his name, is a bad idea, you can understand that Zeus would want Mundus dead. However, Sparda and Athena got to work, turning the tower into a full on seal. He did this by stealing the names of The Seven Deadly Sins, and Forging the Yamato, The Dimension Cutter. Athena worked with Hephaestus, The God of Fire, to forge The Perfect Amulet which was created to be the key. Artemis offered up a willing Maiden who's mortal blood would be used to give the Amulet the power needed. Finally, Sparda added the final ingredient, his own power. Temen Ni'Gru was then placed underground with Sparda's most loyal demonic alley's Nevan, Agni and Rudra to guard the tower. Sparda's was awarded with 2000 years of humanity.

He watched everything, the roman empire, every war in human history, until he found love in another human, Eva. Then, they had two children, Vergil and my old man: Dante, known to many as The Sons of Sparda, unknown to the three of them, Sparda's time was running out, come the day after boys eighth birthday, his time on Earth would be done and he'd depart for Elysium. Unfortunately, that day did come. Not before he ensured his children would be able to pave their own paths. Vergil was given the very same sword Sparda used for the seal, the Yamato. Dante was given The Sword that was made in symbolism of Sparda and Evas unification through marriage, The Rebellion. They both also received halves of The Perfect Amulet. However, worst luck ever, Mundus unleashed a demon horde on the household, Eva was killed, saving Dante and dying when searching for Vergil. Both were left alone.

"You must run away and forget about your past, change your name and start a new life. A new beginning." Those were the last words Eva said to Dante. The love of a human, his own mother allowed Dante to live. As for Vergil, he survived through awakening his demonic power. This led them both on their paths in life.

Dante, now Anthony Redgrave, would find Nell Goldstein, a new mother figure for him, where he'd go into bounty hunting. He seemed happy with his new life, until going back to his old ways and changing his name back to Dante, however he kept the Surname of Redgrave. Dante and Vergil crossed paths a few times. Once, Vergil made an attempt on Dante's half of the amulet and apparently would have succeeded. However, to prove his new found superiority, didn't. However, Vegril, through the help of The Occultist Arkham. Found Temen Ni'Gru and began their plan to open the portal to the demon world; in order to obtain the power of Sparda.