The Truth At Last?

I satin the Meadow, the sun shining brightly.
Tommy was beside me.
Tubbo and I used to do this a lot, and according to Philza, Tommy used to come here with tubbo as well.
I sat, weaving a flower crown.
There was silence between us, and instead of human voices, all we could hear were the bees.
The bees.
I looked over to Tommy, who was frowning at the flower crown he was weaving, and he gave one of the vine-like stems a hard tug.
'are you - okay?'
He seemed to snap out of some kind of trance at my words.
'I'm - I'm good.. You?'
'as good as I could be.'
Then I thought a little bit more.
'Tommy.. Can I ask you something?'
He looked at me and sighed.
'fine.'
'is dream... I was there that day Tommy. In the box. I saw what he did to you. Is that still... Happening?'
Tommy didn't think about his answer before replying.
'not anymore. I think he realised that you were still there and we went to a little hut thingy in the middle of nowhere. And he realised that he actually wanted a friend, not a slave. He hasn't hit me in a while now and he's being quite... Nice to be honest. He's looking after me. He trusts me and I trust him. It's... Really... Nice actually. '
I wish I could've realise he was lying.
At the time, of course, I was kinda shocked by his words, as, although it was reassuring me that he wasn't being hurt any longer, there was still the question of why he killed tubbo.
' don't you think he could be manipulating you? '
The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them, and I thought that he might take them the wrong way.
But he just laughed.
'oh no, he's DEFINITELY manipulating me.'
I was really confused at these words, and I realised I could probably continue asking questions now that he was talking.
'and you don't... Mind?'
'no! Of course not! I'm kinda used to being manipulated for fucks sake. I've been treated like shit by everyone, and dream was the person who treated me the least like shit. Well. Other than you. I just kinda went along with whatever he wanted, like blowing up l'manburg, for Instance, and he just keeps me around. I'm not sure if I believe everything he says, but it's not like I really have a choice. '
' and-tubbo? ' I decided to take a risk, and I thought I might regret it when his face once again became a frown, and his eyes flickered red.
' dream didn't tell me to kill him, but I know he wanted me to. If I didn't, I don't know what would happen to him. Other than that, I didn't want him having an influence on people. On you. He manipulates people, even more than dream, I believe. I heard a rumour that the only reason dream treated me like - like you saw was because tubbo told him to use any means necessary to keep me out of l'manburg, and out of his life. He sentenced me to a fate worse than death ranboo. I was angry. Really angry. He broke me. Like I said, it was his turn. '
I could see the grief was fresh in his mind, as it was in mine, and I didn't want to ask him any more about tubbo, but I did have one last question for Tommy.
'why did you take the blame for me. You could easily have put the blame, ALL the blame onto me. I was new there, they would have believed you.'
His answer shocked me.
'you weren't broken yet. I was.'
He smiled before continuing.
'and besides, I kinda knew I was going to end up like this. And if I wasn't going to be the hero any more.
Someone else had to be.'
---------------------------------------------
644 words, short chapter, and the result of a 3 am frenzy and writing under the desk in German class.
Thank you for reading. I promise this story will get better.

Also please remember to look after yourself, do your homework, get some exercise, sleep and eat.