Distractions

Louise Pov
I woke up and turn my gaze on the window. Is it still morning? I stand up and walk to look outside.

"Looks like almost sunset" I said, I get my phone and saw the time

"What! 4pm?! I slept so long" I said and touch my head.

I walk downstairs and I heard my tummy making sounds. Yes, I'm hungry. I haven't eaten properly these past few days, and now that I already did what I needed to do. I'll take care of myself have a big meal.

I get some eggs, ham, carrots, some cabbage and rice. I will have fried rice as my first meal of the day, with omelet filled with ham and cheese.

I started cooking, and I felt really strange. Like it was different. Like I feel so light and all of a sudden, all my burden was gone. It's like the feeling of relief about something. Maybe because I already ended things between Zander, the thing that I need to do...even if I don't want to.

I was having fun cooking my first meal, but I was distracted to the sound of my phone. Some was calling me again. I answered it and put it on speaker.

"Louise Laurent speaking"

"Louuuu! Musta na? Hindi ka nagreply sa message ko. May gagawin ka ba ngayon? Shopping tayo? Ano?" Kylie said and she sound really excited.

"Shopping? Mag aalas singko na. Kagigising ko lang din" I said,

"Eh ano naman. Nine pa sara ng mall, Lou. Magbihis ka na at susunduin ka namin ni Sean diyan." she said, I giggled

"Okay okay. But I'll eat first. And also, kasama ba si Kyle?" I asked,

"Yes, wala siyang bantay ngayon kaya sasama namin. Mag ayos lang kami. Babush" she said and ended the call.

I prepared my food on the table and eat. Why does it taste so delicious? Maybe because this is my first proper meal after everything. I finished my food and this is the first time I felt full again after eating. I washed the dishes then went upstairs to take a shower.

I dressed some plain shirt tucked on my black jeans. I wore a sneakers, and I put on the necklace my brother gave me. And I'm all set. I went downstairs to wait for Kylie and Sean.

*beep beep*

I heard from outside, it was Sean's car. I get my keys and phone, I locked the door and went out. The back seat's window rolled down and Kyle greeted me with a smile

"Tita Louiee!" he said and was waving at me. I smiled at him and open the door.

"Nice to see you, Kyle" I said and get inside the car. Kylie was on the passenger seat and Sean was driving.

"So, kamusta naman. Baka magshare pa" Kylie said, she's at it again. I just laughed and play with Kyle.

When we arrived at the mall, Kyle was with me.

"Where do you want to go? Should we buy you some clothes or toys?" I said, then he looked at me excited.

"Can we buy some toy cars?" he said cutely. How can I resist him?

"Okay. Let's go" I said and we started walking

"Kylie, we'll just buy some toys. Let's meet at the department store" I said then walk away. Kyle was pointing at the toys we passed by till we arrived at the toys store.

His eyes were glittering. It must felt like heaven for him. He happily looks at the toy cars and some action figures.

"What do you want? A remote control car? Or just a toy car?" I asked, then his face lightens when he saw this remote control car that's on a big scale. It was a black jeep style toy car.