CHAPTER 13

"Pay attention to the game, Tomlinson!"

I snap back to reality, then receive the ball from Liam before I continue down the field and pass it to Zayn. Had it not been practice, I wouldn't have spaced out in the first place. I'm always too focused on winning during the actual games, so much that I don't look towards the bleachers. But now that I have looked, I'm hyperaware of Harry's presence. I've never seen him near the field before, but suddenly he's here, presumably waiting for us to finish up.

Noah passes me the ball, which is when I take the shot and plant it in the goal's left corner. It's obviously not as satisfying when it's just practice, but I still want to win, so I'm not complaining. I force myself to focus on the game, to not look up at Harry, but I can't deny it's distracting that he's watching. I pull myself together, though, then do my best until we're dismissed.

"Louis," Liam says, jogging towards me. "How's the room situation at Emily's lake-house."

I sit down on the grass. "I assume we're sleeping in pairs."

"I'll be sharing with Zayn, then?"

"Is that not what you want?"

"No, it's definitely what I want, I was just wondering. I might need to... bring a condom."

I raise my eyebrows. "You're gonna have sex with him?"

"I think so."

"And you're gonna... what?"

"I uh... well, I'm gonna bottom, I think."

"Don't you think that's gonna hurt?"

"Probably," he says, blushing. "But he already... uh... fingered me, so..."

I don't know how to react, so I just stare at him. "And how was that?"

"It was nice."

"Nice?"

He blushes harder. "It was different, Louis, but... well, we have a g-spot, too, apparently."

I knew that already, but I haven't exactly been tempted to see what it feels like. "I don't think we should be talking about this."

"Definitely not," he says, looking away. "Harry is waiting for you anyway."

"Right," I say, looking back to see him walk across the field. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

He ruffles my hair before he heads towards the locker room. I start peeling the dirt off from under my boots, waiting for Harry to reach me because I'm too lazy to meet him halfway. I've been thinking a lot this weekend despite my promise not to, both about him and Emily. I've been trying to figure out what it all means, and I suppose I've come to the conclusion that Harry is right, that I'm only seeking excitement elsewhere because I miss it with Emily. I'm sort of hoping the weekend will relight something between us because I can't keep jerking off to the thought of Harry.

"Hey," he says, stopping in front of me.

I look up at him. "Hey."

"I'm not stalking you, but I thought I'd clarify it anyway."

I snort. "I know."

"I wanted to see what all the fuss is about."

"And what did you conclude?"

"That you're pretty brilliant at what you do."

"I've been playing my entire life," I explain. "It would be weird if I sucked."

He smiles, putting his hands in the pockets of his jacket. "I used to play, too, you know."

"Really?"