Aylssa

"last stop to Oxford." the conductor shouts out to the passengers. i get up from my seat, grab my bags from the rack above and walk out of the train.

the train station was crowded.

i squeezed past everyone and got outside to the taxis. i put my arm out to the closest on and got inside.

"where's about you going miss?" the driver says.

"what's it called, uh, fucking um, oh yeah, Hartfield academy." i sigh, leaning against the window.

"ah, i knowd the place." he says as he starts the car. "it ain't very far miss." i nod. "why you goin to this school den?"

"my dad said i needed a break from home, so he decided to send me here. i really cba if i'm honest." i complain. i hear him laugh a little and i smile.

***

about 15 minutes later, i get to the School. i step out the taxi with my bags and the car drives away. i glance up at the big school, roll my eyes and walk across the grass into the entrance, ignoring all the other students around.

"hello sweetie, how are you?" the overly nice reception said, putting a phone down.

"don't call me that." i snap, "my name is Alyssa Dior, and i would really like to know where my dorm is as soon as possible as i've been on a seven hour train and a fifteen min car journey, so just skip the small talk, tell me my room number, give me my key and i'll be on my way."

ahem

"what?" I ask rudely.

"we don't allow that attitude in this school." she says, typing stuff onto her computer.

"okayyy..."

"any who, your dorm is 512 and here is your key." she hands it to me smiling. i roll my eyes and head to the grand staircase, i walk up the first set.

 i roll my eyes and head to the grand staircase, i walk up the first set

there was a sign on the first floor:

--1 floor: swimming pool, changing rooms

--2 floor: performance theatre

ground floor: dining hall, art studios, toilets

1st floor: sports hall, toilets, changing rooms, pe classrooms

2nd floor: maths, toilets

3rd floor: english

4th floor: science, ict

5th floor: girls dorms, toilets

6th floor: boys dorms, toilets

7th floor: girl dorms, toilets

8th floor: boy dorms

i walked up the staircase, all the way up to the 5th floor. jesus christ thats a lot stairs, i'm going to have to get used to that.