Part 19: Kitchen

Bang

You slowly sit up, adjusting your eyes.
It must of been at least 4am.
You look around the room, you had pulled the covers across the bed. You lean over and throw them back over the edges of the bed.

Bang

Oh right, the banging.
You stretch as you slip off the bed. The floor was very cold. You shiver slightly, the room as a whole felt colder. You open the door slowly, some light was shining through the windows.
"Bill?" You call.
You hear a few footsteps and then it stops, it sounded below you.
You felt your heart go a little faster, you had seen too many horror films to stand at the bottom of the stairs or go investigate. to make it worse this house was not modern, so it was creepy on its own. You didn't even need whatever is causing creepy noises. Furthermore, if you peaked down while on the stairs you could make an easy get away. The one problem with that is you could be distracted and get pulled down from the stairs.
You take a small breath in and peer around the corner.
No one was there. Sigh.
You knew you would regret it, you step down the stairs. You had to find out what this was, especially if it was a robbery. You peer towards the garden, no one was in the window or conservatory. No one was in his office.

Crash.

Whatever it is, it's in the kitchen.