Chapter 4

I woke up to my phone buzzing on my nightstand. I grabbed it and checked the screen.

Ennoshita

Answer • Decline

I declined and got out of bed. He woke me up this morning. Why? I shrugged it off and got ready for school. He's starting to plague my mind. I need to stop thinking about him. I slipped on my shoes and stepped out the door, the nice autumn breeze hitting my face. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. A smile formed on my face.

Ennoshita always said the nature and fresh air calmed him down. He's right. Soaking in the rising sun and inhaling the fresh, cool air really calms one's nerves. Damn. Just being outside is bringing up thoughts and memories of him. I sighed loudly. This is going to be way harder than I thought.

~

"Ah, L/n-san. Where were you yesterday?" Kiyoko asked as I entered the gym.

"Sorry, I slept in on accident" I answered.

I changed my shoes and stood by her. Tanaka and Noya immediately came running up with stars in their eyes.

"Kiyoko-senpai, you look really beautiful today!" Tanaka complimented.

"Yeah yeah!" Noya agreed.

I growled. What are these idiots doing? She clearly isn't interested and they should be using this time to practice!

"Oi! Go practice instead of standing around like deer grazing grass! Leave Kiyoko-senpai alone!" I yelled.

They shook and nodded, running away immediately. Kiyoko smiled my way.

"Thanks. Though you could be a little nicer" she said.

I sighed.

"I guess....but then who's gonna put them in their place if I won't?!" I replied.

She chuckled.

"I suppose you're right. They are guys, after all"

I nodded in agreement.

"L/n! We missed you yesterday!" someone yelled.

Someone....missed me? But, they're all scared of me, aren't they? Why would they miss someone they're scared of?

Suga walked up and flashed me his sweet smile. I felt my face heat up and I got a tingly feeling in my chest. Here's the thing: I've liked Suga since our first year. He's like that cool senpai that'll do literally anything without any embarrassment. He's such a badass! He's also really hot!

"O-Oh uh- r-really?" I stuttered.

He nodded.

"Of course! It was an uneasy feeling not hearing you constantly yell at everyone" he chirped.

I deadpanned and he patted my shoulder.

"Anyway, gotta practice. Nice seeing you again!"

He ran off to his team and I stood there like an idiot. Kiyoko chuckled and shook her head.

"It's tough having such a nice crush, huh? There's no telling if they're just being nice or actually feel something towards you" she spoke.

I felt my face heat up and I shook my head vigorously.

"Wh-What do you mean?! Who said I liked him?!" I exclaimed.

"Well, it's pretty obvious. You don't get flustered around anyone else"

"Uh-...yeah, I guess..."

I groaned and covered my face with my hands.

"But how do I know if he likes me back? For the whole two years I've been here, it feels like he's been messing with me. He says nice things, then butchers it by adding something embarrassing right after" I explained.