Chapter 8

"Oh, right..." Ennoshita trailed off.

We were at his house and, as promised, he's making me dinner. I sat at the table playing with one of my chopsticks until I heard him him speak. I paused the spinning chopstick and looked to him inquiringly.

"What?" I asked.

"We don't have pork..."

"What?! How do you just forget about something like that?!" I exclaimed.

"Hey! Pork is pretty expensive around here! But we still have rice, so I'll just make that and probably some red beans" he compromised.

"How do you feel? You finally have off from work and school" Ennoshita asked.

Yup, that's right. It's Saturday and I have nothing to do. It's awesome! I sighed contentedly and leaned back into Ennoshita's couch, placing my hands behind my head and closing my eyes.

"It's fuckin' amazing" I finally answered.

"Oi! What have I said about that kind of language in my household?!" Mrs. Ennoshita scolded.

She popped her head out from the kitchen, her dark brown hair in a messy bun on her head and a white apron tied around her slim waist.

"Sorry!" I called back.

I'm not really sorry, but Mrs. Ennoshita can get really scary when she's angry, just like her son.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Ennoshita asked.

"Hmm....nothing" I answered.

"Really? Out of all the things you could do in your free time, you choose to do nothing?"

I nodded and reclosed my eyes, a smile forming on my face.

"Why don't you two go hang out in Chikara's room while I make lunch? He bought some new video games the other day" Mrs. Ennoshita suggested.

"Mmmm ok" I shrugged and jumped up.

With a smile, I turned to Ennoshita and grabbed his hands, dragging him up and to his room. I closed the door behind us and fell backwards onto his bed. I flipped over so that I laid on my stomach and watched as he walked over to the cabinet/t.v stand. He opened the glass door on the left and looked through his collection of video games.

"Let's see....we have..."

He started naming off all his new games, but I didn't really care to listen. Instead, I was too busy day-dreaming about Suga. His beautiful gray hair, and sparkly hazel eyes that turn golden in the sunlight. That little beauty mark under his left eye, and the way the corners of his eyes wrinkle whenever he gives off that sweet smile.

"Oi! Y/n! Are you even listening to me?!" I heard Ennoshita exclaimed.

He snapped in my face, pulling me out of my thoughts. I frowned and slapped his hand away.

"What?" I grumbled.

"What are you even thinking about?" he asked.

I sighed dreamily and rested my head in my hands, swinging my legs back and forth.

"Suga~" I answered giddily.

Ennoshita immediately got a disgusted expression and sat down, his back resting against the bed so that I couldn't see his face.

"That pervert? Why?"

"He's not a pervert! He's totally awesome!"

"He literally almost sexually assaulted you!" Ennoshita argued.

"Until you interrupted!"

"From what I remember, you didn't even like that"

"I-...I never said I didn't like it...I-I just said I wasn't ready..." I stuttered, my face getting redder the more I talked.

Ennoshita looked at me surprised and his mouth hung open in shock. He stuttered out nothing before eventually sighing and bringing his knees to his chest, crossing his arms over them and resting his head on him forearms. I frowned at his depressed state and looked to the floor, my eyes unfocused. I get why he's upset about this.

I know how I would feel if someone tried to pull something like that with Ennoshita and him still fawning over them. I let out a small sigh; I know exactly how to make him feel better. I scooted over so that I was right behind him, then hooked my arms around his figure.

"I'm sorry, Ennoshita" I apologized.

"Huh? F-For what?" he questioned.

"I know this whole thing is probbaly annoying you" I explained.

I closed my eyes and smiled, snuggling into him more so that my face buried into his neck.

"So I'm cheering you up!" I chirped.

"Uh-...heh"

I just know he's smiling. He brought his hand up and gently held onto my arm as he used the other to pat my head.

"Thanks, Y/n"

A moment of silence rung out between us. It wasn't awkward, though. Eventually, Ennoshita removed his hand from my head and let go of my arm. I followed and let go of him. He craned his neck so that he could see me.

"I have a question" he stated.

I hummed in response and watched him with curious eyes.

"How come you call me by my last name?" he asked.

"Oh, uhm....." I trailed off.

In all honesty, I don't think I have the authority to call him by his first name. He only calls me by my first name because I told him to, but I feel like I'd be crossing boundaries if I did the same. He's never asked me to, so I never questioned it. I doubt he wants me to, though. But that's way too deep to explain.

"I-I don't know. I guess I just never really thought of it" I lied with a shrug.

Ennoshita always seemed fine with it, so I don't know why he's now questioning it. I heard him sigh in annoyance.

"I hate it when you lie to me. And you've been doing it more lately. How come?" he spoke harshly.

I froze as he turned to face me, a stern expression on his face. I grunted and looked away with a scowl.

"I'm not lying" I lied again.

"You know, normally I have patience, but it's wearing pretty thin" he growled.

"Well wear it out all you want. You'll still get nowhere with me" I declared.

Silence. I win. A smile started forming on my face, but it soon fell when I felt myself being rolled over onto my back. When I stopped, I looked up to see Ennoshita hovering over me. I felt my face heating up and I widened my eyes in shock.

"E-Ennoshita!..." I exclaimed in surprise.

"I don't see why you try so hard to hide all your emotions from me. I'm your best friend, aren't I? You should feel comfortable to tell me whatever" he spoke calmly.

"Y-You didn't have to-to do this!" I said loudly, still in shock.

"So tell me: why won't you call me by my first name?"