Chapter 5 - FaceTime

Chapter 5

Adelaide's POV

-

I walked into Math class, surprised to see Liz standing there. I thought she had food poisoning? Doesn't it last like a week or something?

"Adelaide, please stay behind at the end of the lesson." Liz said and I nodded.

Shit she's gonna call me out for giving her food poisoning and yell at how bad the chicken was. What if Luke didn't tell her where he was going yesterday? What if something happened to Luke on the way home? I'm over reacting okay, she's probably just gonna lecture me about how bad my test results were.

"Yes Mrs?" I asked, walking up to Liz's desk.

"Hello Adelaide." She looked up at me, man I'm scared.

"I thought you had food poisoning?" I blurted out, God I sounded so rude.

"Why would I have food poisoning?" She laughed furrowing her eye brows.

"Luke-your son told me that my cooking gave you food poisoning." I told her, I must sound like an idiot.

"Why would he tell you that? Your cooking was lovely, anyway I better tell you before my next class comes in." She glanced out the hall. "I was speaking to my husband about your test results and he suggested that I get you a tutor. Of course that was last night just as Luke walked in the room and he heard the whole conversation." She explained.

"Why are you telling me this?" I questioned, confused on why the hell she was telling me her whole life story.

"Well, Luke has volunteered to be your math tutor." Liz smiled at me.

"Oh." I nodded.

"He said he'd text you arranging dates and such, he said something about trumpets too, not too sure." Liz smiled again. "Anyway you better go, question 1-4 for tomorrow remember." She called out as I walked through the door quickly.

Looks like I'll be spending more time with Luke than I thought...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I got home from school I went up to my room, waited for my phone to charge to a decent percentage that I could use and called Luke because I couldn't be bothered texting him.

"Hey Adelaide." I heard him say, he sounded so different on the phone. I wonder what he's wearing, he might be naked. Ew. He's probably in his school uniform or whatever. "Hello?" He repeated.

"Oh! Hi." I grinned. I wonder what I sound like on the phone.

"So, what made you press the call button?" He chuckled.

"Oh your mum said that you wanted to tutor me or something." I bit my lip.

"Oh yeah. Mikey shut up. STOPPP!!" He screamed in fits of giggles.

"Uh luke?" I awkwardly asked, hearing another person screaming in the room. Wait is he gay? Shit. I finally find a hot boy that actually wants to talk to me and he's gay. "Sorry that was my friend Michael." Luke went back to a serious voice.

He said friend. It's okay.

"About tutoring." I reminded him.

"Yeah, so we have trumpet on Sunday, why don't we have math on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday or Saturday, Tuesday and Friday?' He suggested.

"Monday, Wednesday and Thursday work out for me." I nodded even though he couldn't hear me.

"Well today is Monday." Luke reminded me. "Hey, let's FaceTime." He hung up.

Jesus Christ I'm awkward enough around Luke as it is never mind face timing him. My ringtone went of and I accepted it but I wasn't facing the camera since I looked like I just got hit by a bus.

"Well where is she?" Some guy who I presume is Michael asked, laying next to Luke.

"Adelaide?" Luke asked.

"Oh right yeah I'm over here." I pretended to walk up to the camera. "Hi." I smiled, trying not to flash my double chin.

"Wow." The Michael guy said, he had colourful hair. "I'm Michael and I like pizza." He introduced himself.

"I'm Adelaide and I like pizza too." I laughed, well more like snorted but let's all just pretend I never snorted.

"You both know who I am so yeah." Luke looked down smiling.

"Favourite topping?" Michael asked me about pizzas.

"I like them all." I nodded. "You?" I asked him.

"Me too. Pizza is love, pizza is life." He grinned. He was hot too, if Luke and him are gay then I'm sure Luke has other hot friends that would hopefully want to talk to me. "Lukey here tells me you play the trumpet?" He smirked, running his hands through Luke's hair, in which Luke shoved him away.

"Yeah I do." I nodded, laughing a little.

"I bet the trumpet isn't the only thing you can blow." Michael winked and Luke gasped.

"Nah," I shrugged. Confused on why he was winking and Luke was gasping. "I only know how to play the trumpet."

"Michael you're disgusting!' Luke face palmed.

"Shut up Luke." Michael scoffed, then winked at me again.

I shrugged it off, having no clue what either of them meant.

After about half an hour of us talking about random things, Michael making weird comments and Luke calling him a pervert my wifi decided to stop working so the call disconnected which sucks because Michael was about to give me his phone number.