Chapter 20 - "Montage of passion..."

"You, really want this?"

Nandini's impassive steady voice makes Manik hesitate for a second. He wanted to scare her by anyhow. However, he can't retreat now.

"Of course, Ms Murthy. Don't you know the secret to a happy relationship is to keep the fights clean and the sex dirty? Yeah, I know there is no happiness in this relationship, still, we can follow this rule to at least keep a healthy animosity."

He huskily mouths while trailing his left-hand knuckles along her jawline. Their eyes are still intensely locked. A couple of silent moment lingers then Nandini gravely replies,

"I am ready. Whatever makes you happy, Mr Malhotra."

Immediately she gets down from the bed eluding Manik's proximity and walks to the door to lock it. Manik sits on the bed with a perplexed mind. What is she trying to do? His eyes are piercing her with a quizzical heart. On the other side, Nandini closes the curtains one by one. Gradually, the room becomes partially lit with only some sunrays invading through the tangerine and white curtains. In between, Manik's eyes haven't left her for a nanosecond. When Nandini becomes satisfied with the closed surrounding, she comes to the centre of the room. Manik's mystified yet alert eyes are fixed to hers. Nandini is wearing a black chiffon saree. Her every curve is prominent and inviting through the transparent material. She secures her eyes to his and in a blink of an eye, pulls down the pallu (end of the saree that hangs loosely) from her chest. It kisses the floor. Manik's eyes don't shift from her face. Nandini twists her hands and reaches the back hook of the blouse. Within a minute, she unhooks the blouse and peels off the cloth from her upper torso. A black lacy bra is adorning her silky fair skin and the luxuriously soft and full jubblies. Manik's jaw becomes hard but he doesn't move his eyes from her face. Nandini tugs the saree pleats and frees herself from it. She throws it to a corner and wrests the petticoat band. In a moment, the black satin petticoat sheds from her body. She steps up and kicks the devoid cloth to another side. Her pelvic area is covered with the same black lacy panty. She is looking like a marble statue with all glory and seduction. She keeps her hands on either side of her waist and stands straight keeping her chin up like a queen.

"Look, Mr Malhotra. Am I still beautiful and alluring to tempt you? If so, then I am ready to serve you."

Nandini sounds proud and confident. Their eyes are battling with each other without any words. Manik gets up and ambles at her. He stops in front of her leaving a bare minimum gap between them. His eyes are still boring holes silently.

"Yes, Ms Murthy..you are still as tempting and seductive as you used to be. Perfect for my bed. But you know, I am still not ready. See..."

He utters in a raspy voice and suddenly grabs her hand and places it on his manhood. Nandini shivers for a second and tries to pull back her hand. Manik smirks and asks mockingly,

"What happened, Ms confident? Scared or forget how to heat me up? It's not the first time and you are not a virgin."

Nandini again stares up to meet his riled face. Gradually, her eyes get devoid of hesitance and confusion rather determination and anguish replace them.

"No, Manik I haven't forgotten anything. I haven't forgotten how I lost my virginity to you because of my blind love. I can't forget how I lost my child because of your anger and hatred. I can't forget that day when you swore our unborn child as illicit and proved our love as your lust for me. Because of that, my baby died."

Her voice trembles as her eyes prick with tears. Manik's eyes blaze with fury. His fair face turns red. With a grimace, he clutches her chin between his fingers and hisses out,

"My baby didn't die. You killed him, Ms actress. You aborted that tiny soul. How conveniently you put all blame on me but I haven't forgotten that day when you left me because of your distrust. Should I remind you?"

Nandini's chin and cheeks are hurting due to Manik's iron grip. But she doesn't try to free herself. Rather some unpleasant scenes flash in her mind. Tears roll down her cheeks.

Flashback:

"Congratulation, Nandini. You are expecting. It's 3-month pregnancy. Now you can tell everyone." 

Nandini's gynaecologist affirms with a jubilant voice. Nandini is skimming her eyes all over the report again and again. It seems that she can't even believe her eyes. This baby will bring them close again. Their baby will end all the fights between them. Her eyes brim with happy tears. She stares up and asks, 

"Mukti, my baby I mean our baby is healthy, right? No complication is there? I am asking because this is my first baby and I don't want to take any risks. If you suggest I can even cancel my all film contracts. My child is my top priority." 

Dr Mukti Vardhan smiles at her kiddish enthusiasm and concern. She wobbles and replies, 

"Look, Nandini...I am not only your Gynic but your friend too. I know that you and Manik still haven't publicly announced your marriage. Now, you are pregnant. In that case, I will suggest you both make a public statement about your marriage to avoid any unpleasant conjecture about this baby. Don't take me wrong but you know our society. People don't blame the man but all mud-sling to the woman. I know about the emotional turmoil and tiff between you and Manik which can affect your pregnancy too. So, I would suggest both of you go to a marriage counsellor, sort out your problems and misunderstanding. Bring back your love and healthy married life. Rest all will be taken care of." 

Nandini takes a deep breath and nods positively.

.........................................

"Where is your Manik Sir?" 

Nandini asks Ratan, Manik's makeup man. With a hesitant manner, Ratan replies, 

"Sir...he..." 

Nandini's forehead lines with annoyance. She raises her voice a bit and again asks, 

"Yes, he....where is he? Why is he not picking up my calls? He came to the shooting, right?" 

Ratan bobs with scared eyes. Nandini observes his eyes are frequently glancing at the vanity van which is allotted for the junior artists and second leads. Without any further question, she walks towards it with a determined gait. Ratan utters a fain resistant word for the last time, 

"Ma'am...please.." 

She ignores and nears the vanity. Without knocking at the door, she pulls it open and the sight shocks her to the core.

Author's note: What shocks her? Did Nandini abort her child? Why? Was Manik right about her wrong step? The flashback will continue in the next chapter and will reveal more painful pasts. Stay tuned to know the answers.   ❤👍