Chapter 27 -"Manan Magic and Movieverse..."

"Cut, cut, cut...Manik what are you doing, Bro? I need more passion in this scene. It looks like you are feeling uncomfortable touching Nandini. It will show on the big screen and you know how are today's audience. They will easily catch the discomfort which can hamper the charm of your chemistry with Ms Murthy. You know very well that your fans are mad about your sizzling chemistry and we have to encash that. This lovemaking scene is very important for this movie. So, please make it more realistic. Don't worry about the censer board. If needed I will pass it with an 'A' certificate."

Director Tanay Chopra tries to assure. Today is the last day of the shooting of the movie 'Pyaar ya Kalank'. It's a late-night shoot and only the main leads, director and the cameraman are present on the floor. Manik wanted that only as it is a lovemaking scene and he doesn't want Nandini to be uncomfortable. Initially, he added this scene to just trouble her but eventually, he tried to remove the scene as he knows Nandini avoids on-screen intimacy with heroes. Although she has never stepped back from intimate scenes with Manik those were always limited to kissing. Sex scenes or intimate scenes is the first attempt for her. Manik and Nandini are lying on the bed. A black silk comforter is covering their bodies to the upper chest. Manik's upper torso is naked while Nandini is wearing an off-shoulder dress. Although it will look like a bare body in the camera. Well, it's called camera manipulation. Manik glances at Nandini from the corner of his eyes. He doesn't know how to react. She is his love; his wife and he is feeling shy to come close to her. Holy cow! Nandini catches his sneak peek and chuckles.

"What happened, Mr prince of romance? Why are you sweating? Is it too hard to romance, Ms Nandini Murthy?..he..he.."

Nandini whispers in his ear and giggles. Manik looks at her with a helpless pout and whispers back,

"Stop laughing. I have never felt so awkward in front of the camera. It's feeling so hard to act like this. I..I..."

"Then don't act. Assume that we are in our bedroom and be my Maan. It will be easy."

Nandini says casually but she doesn't sound casual. Manik looks at her eyes,

"Are you serious? If you want, I can pressurize Tanay to cut this scene. You need not to be so professional."

He mouths concernedly. Nandini again whispers,

"It's not professional. It's personal. Our fans want to see our true love on the screen and I also want to create the same magic that we used to do. Let's make this movie a masterpiece of our life. Let's do it, Manik. Let's recreate the Manan magic again."

"Nandini is right, Manik. Recreate the Manan Magic again. You are the golden pair of Indian cinema. The most successful on-screen couple. I know it will be one of the super-hit movies of your career, of my career. Let's show your sizzling chemistry to the audience again."

Director Chopra utters enthusiastically, rubbing his hands. Manik murmurs with a funny expression,

"Bloody eavesdropper. Yeah, this chemistry has lots of chemicals too. He..he.."

He tilts his head to Nandini and mumbles,

"Let's do it, Mrs Malhotra. Let's get personal in front of the camera and show all the chemistry, physics and biology to the movieverse."

He yanks Nandini and hides his face in the crook of her neck. Tanay Chopra cries,

"Camera roll....ACTION..."

................................................

Almost every important and famous news channel and their representative reporters are present in the press conference in the big banquet hall of the famous five-star hotel Hayat. After all, it is the first press conference after that sensational news about Manik Malhotra, Nandini Murthy and Arnav Singh Raizada. Manik has invited Arnav and Komolika both. Though he wanted to announce and accept Komolika as his sister publicly Komolika didn't agree. She doesn't want her mother's name to drag into controversy. She told Manik that their bond and relationship doesn't depend on social acceptance. Nandini agreed with her as she knows how sensitive Komolika is about her personal life. So, it's good to be in peace rather than be popular.

"What do you think, your producer brother cum friend will come to face the press?"

Manik whispers in Nandini's ear. Teasing is evident in his tone. Nandini looks here and there to sense the restlessness among the crowd.

"Shut your smart mouth. He knows how to handle the press and he also knows that truth doesn't need any explanation. So, concentrate on your answer and please don't lose your temper. For a day, ple.....eeease control your bad boy image."

She replies in a suppressed voice. Manik clutches her hand under the table and murmurs,

"Okay, my wild cat. Only for the day. But at night....ummmm I think you like the bad boy image more. Because it's hard to resist a bad boy who's a good man."

Nandini tries to free her hand while looking at Manik with gape. Manik winks and gives a lopsided smile. Only then, the shutter of a camera clicks.

...........................................

"So, Mr Arnav Singh Raizada, you are saying that this 'love triangle' news is mere gossip. You have nothing to do with Ms Nandini Murthy nor with Mr Manik Malhotra."

A journalist bluntly throws his question. Arnav, who is sitting beside Nandini opens his mouth to counter. However, Manik's raised hand makes him hold his words,

"I would like to answer this question."

Manik sounds serious yet mischievous.

"Of course, he has something to do with Nandini and me but I agree with his statement that this cliché 'love triangle' concept is totally bogus. Because there was never any triangle. It's a clear case of 'two-way love' but with a twist."

Manik turns at Nandini and chuckles. A buzz immediately spreads among the crowd. Another journalist asks with confusion,

"Two-way love with a twist! What do you mean by that Mr Manik? Do you want to mean that there is a hidden love story behind the camera? Then tell us the name of the main leads of this love story. We are eager to know. Is it Manan or Arnan?"

Author's note: This press conference will continue in the next chapter and after that, the last chapter will be updated. The next two chapters will be full of drama and twists. So, stay tuned. 😉😉❤