Chapter 25 - "Patch up pictures part 1..."

"Arnav, come to my vanity. We need to talk."

Nandini pulls Arnav by his elbow. Manik glares at the sight.

"Manik you also come. You both really need to sort it out."

She sounds adamant. Manik rests his hands on either side of his waist and shrugs.

"What is there to sort out. It's crystal clear. Your friend has already judged me as the culprit of your all misery."

Manik says ruefully. Arnav makes a facial expression that indicates, 'see his attitude.' Nandini narrows her eyes at Manik and utters,

"Please..."

Her pleads work. Manik shrugs and nonchalantly mouths,

"Okay, let's waste my time."

All come to Nandini's vanity. The shooting has a break for sometimes. As they enter the van, Manik walks to the freeze and opens it to take out the ice pack. He comes to Nandini and makes her sit on the couch. He also takes the next seat of hers leaving bare minimum space.

"You shouldn't have provoked me for realistic acting. Now, bear it."

He utters with complacency while pressing the pack on Nandini's reddish slightly swollen cheek. Nandini flinches a bit and counters,

"Manik, there is a word in the dictionary called sorry and I think you can say that to me."

Manik chuckles and is about to retort when Arnav interrupts who was observing Manik throughout the time.

"Is he really sorry? I don't think so. It was intentional and the reason is clear."

Arnav excoriates. Manik is carefully compressing Nandini's cheek. The comment doesn't stop his action but hardens his jaws.

"You think a lot, Mr Raizada and that is the problem. You think I cheated on your best friend; you think I am not good for her and you even think we shouldn't be together that's why you always empoisoned her ears against me. But FYI I didn't slap her out of any vengeance. Dude, if I had to do it, I wouldn't have used this opportunity like a coward. I never backstab anyone."

Manik utters the last line in such a way that it is explicit to whom he is pointing to. Nandini roams her eyes on both but does react. She wants both of them to vent out their anger. Only that can end this misunderstanding and animosity. As it was predicted, Arnav jumps from his seat and comes near Manik and Nandini.

"Yes, I think that you both shouldn't be together because I know you will hurt her again but it is utter nonsense that I induced her to hate you. Dude, don't forget you are the reason behind her miscarriage. Neither you had publicly denied your relationship with her nor she would have met with that accident. Yes, I stopped you that night to meet her because I knew that you would have blamed her for all these and she wasn't in the condition to take another mental pressure. I have never said any cooked-up story against you to her. I told what I saw. Your frequent affairs, casting couch scandals, nasty compromises stories with gay producers....all came to the limelight through the media and you never denied any of those allegations. In this situation what should I believe when I knew what a bad boy image you have? Have you ever tried to confront those claims?...Never! Instead, you always relished those antipublicity. I still remember what you proclaimed in a movie promotion, "No fear, no limits, no excuses. Stars can't be born without stigma."

Arnav snaps without any rein. Manik stares up and meets Arnav's wrathful face. The lights fade from his eyes until they are dark and empty. Manik tries to get up but Nandini yanks him from his forearm.

"No, you don't have to explain anything. This all happened because of my misconception, so, I am responsible to clear it off."

Nandini composedly states and eyes Arnav with optimism.

"Sit, Arnav...today you have to listen to your friend unbiasedly. Sometimes honest feelings and bad timings make the most painful combinations. And we both are the perfect example of that."

She pauses for a while and continues,

"The day I saw Manik with that girl in the vanity....."

She starts narrating. Arnav listens to her without any interference, ping-ponging his gaze between Manik and Nandini. After 15 to 20 minutes, Nandini concludes,

"We both are not at fault, Arnav. It's just the time and stars were in faults."

Arnav keeps mum for a moment and exhales a deep sigh.

"Today I learnt one thing. Real love doesn't meet you at your best. It's meet you in your mess. I hope you both have overcome that mess phase and will start a new chapter of your life. My best wishes to you."

Arnav commiserates and ruffles Nandini's hair with brotherly affection. For the first time, Manik doesn't feel the usual envy. Arnav gets up to leave. He is feeling light after a long time. Suddenly, he flips and addresses Manik,

"Learn to say sorry, friend. It lessens the complication."

..................................................

"Hello! Can we meet tomorrow? Anytime that is convenient for you....ummmm, yes. It's urgent. Please, don't deny. I am requesting you. It's about Manik. Yeah. Thank you so much. Where? Okay, I will be on time. Thanx, a ton once again. Bye!"

Nandini cuts the call. Only then, Manik comes out of the bathroom. It's 12: 30 am. Manik has come to her flat one hour ago. They already have had their dinner. It's time for a goodnight sleep.

"Whom are you calling?"

Manik asks casually while patting his wet hair with the towel. Nandini's eyes flicker with orphic emotion. She utters,

"One of the parts of your heart. It's time to fix it, Mr Malhotra. Take it as one of my repays to our love."

Author's note: So, Manik-Arnav rivalry has been sorted. However, it's not that easy. Star's lives are full of drama and conjecture. Whom did Nandini call? What is she going to do? To know all these, keep reading. This book is also going to end soon. Until enjoy the journey of our Manan. 🤗🤗❤❤