Chapter 16 - "Cocktail of emotion..."

Flashback:

"Manik!" 

Nandini's voice is laced with hesitation and embarrassment. Her cheeks become crimson and hot. Manik observes her discomfort and decides to make her more awkward. He mouths casually, 

"What Manik? Okay, you want me to take off your clothes? Ummm...not a bad idea. We do it in movies too. It looks sexier. Okay, let's strip this saree first.

Saying this Manik grabs her pallu (loose and the upper end of the saree) and tugs it. Nandini immediately clutches the cover on her chest and sheepishly utters, 

"What are you doing, Manik? It's not any movie."

"Ummm...right. It's not a movie. This is reality. So, we should do something different which we never have done before. Not even in a movie." 

Manik says mischievously. Nandini squints her eyes in confusion. Manik smirks and suddenly holds Nandini's hand and places it on his shirt button.

"Take off my clothes. Today I want to feel your passion. Please, Nandini...make me feel that you desire me...lust me...please seduce me, Jaan." 

Nandini meets his passionate eyes which are pleading to witness her seductress avatar. A coquettish smile beams into her eyes. She bites her lower lip and slowly unbuttons the first hindrance. Her fingers are slowly playing with his buttons, skimming on his naked skin, creating havoc in his heart. Manik's hand touches the shower knob at a leisure pace. His eyes are still lost in her ocean-deep orbs. Nandini opens the last button and trails her palms on his masculine bare chest. Her balmy touch ignites the fire in his heart, mind and soul. He gently presses the shower knob and a gush of hot water streams on their body. Nandini shivers for a moment and withdraws her hand but Manik encircles her drenched body into his robust arms. Her soft bosoms get squashed against his hard chest. Manik reaches her ear and whispers in a raspy tone, 

"Lower down...unbuckle my trousers. It's getting rock hard for you, baby." 

Like a spellbound soul, Nandini kneels on the wet floor. Water is dripping from her entire skin. She places her both hands on his thighs and stares up. Manik is waiting for the heavenly touch on his core. Nandini settles her palm on his bulge and pulls down the zip. With a growl, Manik fists Nandini's hair and presses her face to his throbbing manhood. His eyes open with a jerk. A pleasurable moan escapes his mouth.

Present time:

"What happened, Manik? Why did you moan? Did I hurt you somewhere?"

Nandini innocently asks while she is giggling in her mind. Manik is sitting on a stool inside the bathroom. He is wearing only a towel as Nandini is giving him the sponge bath. Her hands were dabbing the hot towel on his thighs when she purposely rubbed the back of her hand on his pubic area, knowing that he is not wearing any undergarments. Nandini's skin directly touched on his shaft and a suppressed moan eluded Manik's mouth. Nandini's words make him conscious of his foolishness. He is controlling his desire with great difficulty that is increasing with every touch of Nandini on his body. However, her graze on his most sensitive part makes him forget to dominate his passion.

"Ahem...nothing..this cut. (he places his right palm on the wound) I think I should lie down for a while. Enough of this sponge bath. I am feeling tired and sleepy."

Manik utters with embarrassment. If Nandini continues this sweet torture for a minute more, he will definitely push her on the bathroom floor and will take her then and there. Nandini stands up and bites her lower lip to control her chuckle. With a pretentious naiveness, she replies,

"Yes, that I can clearly see. (she glances at the erection visible from his towel) Okay, I get your clothes and help you to change."

She wipes the sweat beads on his forehead. Manik wobbles in denial.

"No...I can change myself. You just get me the lower. And thanks for the sponge...sponge bath. It was...it was...ummm..relaxing."

He somehow mouths and turns his face to hide the redness of his face. Nandini bites the inner wall of her cheek and comes out of the bathroom.

"Good acting, Mr Malhotra...but how long? I swear I won't spare you so easily."

She determinedly murmurs and grabs the lower kept on the bed.

......................................................

"I have to go out for some hours. Meanwhile, you can watch the tv or even play on the play station. I got some new games."

Nandini informs while passing a morsel into her mouth. Manik is relishing the mango pudding. He knows Nandini makes it and that's why he intends to make her feel bad.

"Perhaps you have forgotten that you don't stay with me. I am used to spending alone time. By the way, may I know where are you going? The shooting is cancelled for 3 days, right? Today is only the second day."

Manik's query leaves Nandini quiet for a moment. She knows her answer won't make him happy but she can't lie about this. Sipping on some water, she replies,

"Arnav wants to meet me. He has some script that he wants me to read."

Within a second, Manik's jaw becomes stone hard. He smashes the spoon on the pudding bowl and says ruefully,

"What rubbish you made? If you can't cook then don't cook. I am not used to having this worthless food. Disgusting."

He gets up wiping his hands and mouth with the napkin. Nandini composedly looks at the pudding bowl. She knows what triggered him to react so insensitively. But she won't be instigated. Never. Gently she takes a scoop of pudding from his bowl and puts it in her mouth. The taste is perfect.

"This is your favourite dessert, Manik and it's perfectly alright."

Nandini mouths composedly but in the next moment, Manik grabs her forearm and yanks her to raise from the chair. He mercilessly pulls her towards him and places his vexed eyes on hers.

"What do you mean by that? I am lying? I am purposely troubling you? And what are you doing? These dramas of caring about me. Showing that you didn't forget anything about my likes, dislikes. Purposely coming near to me, trying to seduce me when your all devotions lie for that person. What do you think? I am a fool? I can't feel it?"

He hisses out while almost squeezing her soft body between his iron grip. Nandini's eyes brim in pain. His nails dig in her skin. Still, she doesn't lose her compose and calmly replies,

"I wish you could feel. Leave. You are hurting me."

With a flared nose, Manik growls,

"I am hurting you! And what you did to me? You only gave me pain since you entered into my life. I hate you, Nandini...I just fucking hate you. But I hate myself more because I can't stop loving you either. You are the hex in my life, Nandini. You are my doom."

His every word jabs her heart mercilessly. A lone tear rolls down her cheek.

Author's note: How will Nandini turn Manik's hatred to love again? To know, keep reading.👍❤