Epilogue - "Behind the camera...upcoming film..."

Manan bedroom photographs

"What are you doing Manik? Hurry up! I don't want to be late again tonight because of you. It is the heroine who is supposed to be late for her dress selection and makeup. Here I got ready an hour ago and you are still in the bathroom. Do you want to reach there after the party gets over....just to roll up the red carpet? Come on, Maan, it's been 15 years. You are not so young and charming now that your fans and debutant actresses will be drooling over you. Admit that you are married, a Dad of two grown-up kids and a 41 years old veteran actor. Your lover boy image is gone."

Nandini giggles out the last line while nearing her face to the closed bathroom door so that Manik can feel the tease. It immediately works. The bathroom door gets open and our prince of romance steps out with a sarcastic smile. Nandini checks him out from the top to bottom. He is wearing only a towel. His hair is wet and water is still dropping from his moist tresses. He approaches Nandini with a slow leisured gait, drying his wet locks with a towel.

"You must have forgotten that no party starts without the entry of Manik Malhotra whether he is the 21 years old debutant lover boy or 41 years old successful superstar. It is the 15 years success party of 'Pyaar ya Kalank'. For the last 15 years, no movie could cross its collection record. It is one of the highest-grossing movies in Indian cinema. A particular movie hall is showing only this movie for the last 15 years. National Award, Flickfare Award, Bigscreen Award, Stardust Award....our movie bagged almost every award beating all its contemporary movies. And you are saying that they will start or even end the party without me! If I don't go there, they will probably come to my place to celebrate. Don't underestimate your husband's charisma. I still have that charm, Mrs Nandini Malhotra. It's my decency that I don't look back at anyone. Otherwise, there is no shortfall of people who ogle me. Married or unmarried...father of two or bachelor, the Manik Malhotra has the same aura. So, let them wait. This superstar will take time."

By the time Manik ends his monologue, they have reached the dressing table opposite the bathroom door. Now, Nandini is caged between Manik's towering frame and the mirror. The seductive fragrance of his cologne invades her nostrils making her every pore titillate with desire. The edge of the dressing table touches the back of her thighs and she sits on the wooden platform loosening her limbs. Manik observes her condition and chuckles inwardly. Hiding her inner wish, Nandini replies in a sarcastic tone,

"Isn't it too much narcissism and vanity, Mr superstar? I think you are overconfident about your flamboyance."

The nonchalance fades from his eyes and gets replaced by dark intensity.

"Really? Then why is your breath getting erratic? Why are your eyes telling something else? Right now, you are dying to have me in the bed. Am I right or am I right, Mrs Malhotra?"

Manik's tone is raspy. For a second, the entire blood of her body rushes towards her face. In a quivering meek tone Nandini counters,

"Wrong..."