2. Our Secret (At Least, We Thought)

Shuichi's POV

Kokichi and I walked back to the gym in comfortable silence. After the whole bathroom incident was cleaned up, I took the smaller teen to the kitchen for some water and a cough drop. I figured it would make him feel better, and also work as an excuse to make people believe he only had a cold. Given that most would question why we were gone for so long, Kokichi and I agreed to say that we had a lot of trouble finding cold medicine. I hoped that lie would work. As we turned the corner and approached the gym doors, Kokichi stopped walking. I turned to him in confusion.

"Hey... so about that whole thing in the bathroom... promise to keep it a secret! Just for the two of us! Otherwise, I'll make you wish you were never born." Kokichi smiled as he spoke, clearly not meaning any of the threats. I sighed, then smirked down at him.

"I already told you a million times, a promise is a promise, and I'm not planning on breaking one anytime soon. So don't go worrying your little head off about it, mkay?"

I turned before I could see the look on his face and entered the gym.

Nobody's POV

Little did the two boys know, a certain SHSL "Babysitter" and Astronaut were watching from around the corner, most definitely getting the wrong idea. (Oh god oh fuck aaahhhhh)

Kokichi's POV

I was so, SO grateful Shuichi turned around after he said that. My cheeks were probably as red as a tomato, or a very angry landowner's face when you spray paint a building's walls and tear out all the grass on the lawn in front of it. Ah hah, totally not speaking from experience. *Clears throat* ANYWAYS! I waited a few moments to collect myself before walking in after Shuichi. All eyes immediately turned on me and I was reminded of secondary school all over again. Not at all fun. My voice stuttered a bit when I started speaking.

"Uh, hi again... I'm... umm, I'm all good now! I just think I caught a cold." I frowned, and to add a little extra convincing juice to this potion of lies, I sniffled and sneezed for good measure. I then grinned and gave two thumbs up.

"Gonta hope Kokichi get better soon! Gonta no like when friend feel sick..." And that was the only comment I got! Everybody else turned their backs and continued whispering among themselves. Excellent. No questions asked, and my secret is safe!

I walked back to my spot on the stairs, yawning. I pretended I wasn't invested in the murder, but just spent my time collecting data from a distance. It was actually kinda easy to do. I chewed on my cough drop, letting my thoughts run rampant through my head. Hanahaki. Huh. I doubt I'd be able to get the surgery in this place, and getting Shuichi to like me was a DEFINITE no-no... so I'd probably die here! I wasn't complaining, really. Life was dull before I got here, even with D.I.C.E, and now it's a trashcan full of corpses. I rubbed my fingers over my left wrist self consciously. You guessed it! These bandages aren't just for show! Ugh, and it hurts too. I have a whole new scar just from this morning! I like to pretend it isn't infuriating, that I can't just be normal and happy and trusted like everybody else, but it really is NOT FUN! Getting angry with myself, I stood up and walked out of the gym, not noticing the two other people following me.

I rubbed my forehead after feeling a headache coming. Yep, that's annoying too. I sat down next to a wall kind of far away from the gym. I was done investigating for now. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the wall behind me. I stayed like that for a minute or two before realizing I was being watched. So as not to arouse suspicion, I stayed like that. One minute passed, then two minutes, then three. I was getting impatient.

"What do you want?!" I snapped, my headache getting worse. Hearing a slight gasp from the corner of the hall, two figures walked up. Maki and Kaito. Of course, the two pains in my ass. I opened my eyes and they seemed surprised to find out I knew their hiding spot. It wasn't even a good spot!

"How long did you know we where there?" Maki snarled, although sounding kinda curious.

"Ah, about three and a half minutes. Now I'll repeat my question. What do you fuckers want?"

Maki gritted her teeth and Kaito stepped up, probably trying to seem intimidating.

"Look guys, if you want trouble, please come at a different time. I have a small headache that I'm trying to get rid of and if you don't stop blabbering, I will go feral. Nishishi~! Unless you want your head on a stick!" I grinned, putting on my most psychotic face, as I threatened them.

"Why you-!" Kaito leapt forward like some gorilla, absolutely no concern for his own safety.

I got up and dodged quickly to the left, leaving the loud, annoying idiot to slam face first into a wall.

"Nishishi~! You should really be more careful picking fights! You don't want to ruin that already ugly face of yours!" Of course, I was just prodding at the bull. I wanted to know what they wanted to say. Politely asking just isn't quite my style.

"Also, what did you come here to say? I should really be asking your 'sidekick' over there to do the talking though. You probably don't even remember with a brain the size of yours! Ah, hah hah hah!" I dodged another attack.

"We came here to say to STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SHUICHI'S KINDNESS!"

I blinked, a little thrown off by the ape's words. What in the world did Shuichi have to do with this? And then it clicked.

"You... saw that?!" I nearly screamed. THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR SECRET WHAT THE HELL HOW DO THEY KNOW ABOUT MY HANAHAKI FUUUUUU-

"Yeah, we saw you coming back with him from the bathroom. Don't tell me you guys were making out in there. Fucking fag." Maki finally spoke up.

Oh. So they don't know about what happened in the bathroom. I can easily lie my way out of this one.

"Oh. Ah ha. Hah ha ha. Ha Ha ha ha HA! You have it totally wrong! I'm wheezing! Oh, you're a lot more stupid than you look. I was just in the bathroom when he came looking for me. I didn't want to come out so it took a bunch of persuasion on his end, but here I am!! Pft, and you though I liked him. Although, I don't appreciate being called homophobic slurs, thank you very much. Ta ta, motherfuckers!" I turned on my heel and left to go to my dorm. I really need some painkillers for my head. I felt like I was being crushed my a metal press (Tee hee). Ugh, even if I did end up getting with Shuichi, becoming friends with HIS friends would be harder... UGH!

(Word Count: 1202)

Chapter 2, woooo!!! I though this one was going to be a lot shorter, but I guess it didn't turn out that way! This chapter was a lot worse, concerning curses and slurs than chapter 1, but I felt it was necessary for this. Again, leave criticism here, and I'll see you on the next one!