7. I Just Needed A Moment (Bad Ending)

Okay. This chapter is definitely going to have some triggers in it regarding death. If you are uncomfortable, please leave (Being vague with trigger warnings for spoiler purposes, please know I have the best intentions in mind!). With that put out of the way, if you are still here, please don't cry too hard! >;3

Shuichi's POV

"It would save me the pai-" Kokichi suddenly stopped talking, his eyes wide with shock. I noticed he wasn't really breathing and he had a hand grabbing his chest. He coughed and pink blood splattered all over his other hand.

"Shit-!" He coughed again, this time bringing up more flower petals than blood. In a panic, adrenaline raced though me as I tried to think of ways to help. Kokichi fell out of his chair and I darted off the bed to run and catch him as he was dropping.

"Kokichi!" My voice quivered as I yelled. No... no no no no no no no NO!! You can't die yet Kokichi! Not now! Not when I still have things to tell you...

"Can't *cough* breathe-!" Kokichi grabbed at his throat, as if trying to pull away a wire that was strangling him. I put an arm underneath his upper back and lifted him up into a sitting position, trying to see if that could help him breathe a bit better. I didn't want to watch him suffer.

The smaller teen in my grasp choked, and I could only hold him, shocked. Blood and petals kept getting splattered on my uniform, but I couldn't care. There isn't anything I could do but watch him die.

His face started turning blue and he coughed out a whole sunflower. Blue, perfect petals. I inhaled sharply. A whole flower means it tore his lungs. No. Not good.

"KOKICHI! YOU CAN'T DIE!! I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO SAY TO YOU!  SO MANY THINGS I WANTED TO DO! KOKICHI! I- I... I LOVE YOU! Kokichi...!"

The boys eyes widened in surprise. Then softened.

"Please don't die... I couldn't bear it if you did." I whispered, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I held the other's purple gaze.

"Oh Shumai..." I swallowed, anxious. "I love you too. If only you had told me sooner, heh..." Kokichi closed his eyes.

The room went silent, only the sound of my breath to disturb the quiet.

After a few moments of watching his face in anticipation, I spoke.

"Ko-Kokichi...?" My entire body was shivering, along with my voice.

"You aren't dead... right? Just say 'It's a lie!', like you always do! Come on Kokichi, this isn't funny anymore."

I shook the purple haired boy, trying to make him stop his act.

"Stop pranking me Kokichi! It's not funny to play with my feelings like this!"

...

More silence

"..." I took a shaky breath. "Kokichi?"

Still no response.

He's dead.

The tears I was trying so hard to hold back finally fell as I let out a few choked (ha ha, get it? Cause he choked to death? I'll stop now) sobs. I only gripped Kokichi's body closer as the realization set in. I buried my face in his hair, dampening the strands with my crying.

"KOKICHI! WHY DIDN'T YOU LIVE! Why.. didn't you... live? We would have gotten out of this game... and had a happy life... it would have all been great..." I inhaled. His hair smelled like vanilla. It's nice...

"I love you. I love you so... so much... and I hate you at the same time for dying." I let out a pained laugh.

"But I guess it was mostly my fault too. I didn't confess early enough... to save you..."

More silence.

"I'll miss you for a bit..."

I held him looser, as if I would strangle him if I held too tight.

Tears still streaming down my face, I looked out the window. There was a single crow outside on a tree branch. Probably a cutout made by Monokuma to make us feel worse.

I put Kokichi's body down on the floor and lied down next to it. I held it close and I think I ended up falling asleep.

...

...

...

...

...

...

I opened my eyes again, ready to start a new day.

I soon remembered what had happened the night before. Kokichi's body was still in my grasp. It was ice cold

I took a deep, shuddering breath as I tried to keep from crying again. I also came up with a plan.

I was going to join Kokichi in the afterlife. (Wow Shuichi, so sudden! *Cries*)

What's the point of living on if I'm just gonna die anyways in this death game? There isn't much a measly student like me can do to get everybody out.

I got up, my muscles aching. I grabbed the notepad on my desk and picked up one of the many pens available on it. I wrote a scrawled note:

Kokichi died by the Hanahaki disease. It is not a murder you must investigate. I saw him die myself. I am not going to reveal the person he liked, as it is not my position to do so. You may try to figure it out if you like. -Shuichi Saihara

I ripped the note off the pad and placed it on Kokichi's hand. I flinched as I accidentally touched his freezing skin.

I shook the feeling away and went back to my desk to write another note:

This is a suicide. I don't feel like revealing my reasons for doing so. You may guess why if you want to at the class trial. Just know I am telling the truth when I say I killed myself. I hope you have good luck in trying to escape the death game! -Shuichi Saihara

I ripped off the note and put it in my pocked for later. I walked away from my desk, taking one look back at Kokichi. He almost looked like he was sleeping. But I knew better.

Drawing my gaze away, I looked at the time.

Fifteen minutes before the morning alarm would go off. Just enough time.

I ran to the supply closet after leaving my dorm. I tried to be quiet so I wouldn't wake anybody. I also remembered to leave my door slightly ajar so it wouldn't lock and the other students would find Kokichi's body.

I opened the closet door and walked inside.

I grabbed the things I needed. It consisted of a rope, duct tape, and a knife.

The knife and duct tape were for emergencies.

I then sped to the dining hall, tying a noose with the rope on my way there. I was surprisingly good at it.

I reached the dining hall quickly. Five minutes until everybody gets here.

My fingers reached out for the closest chair and I stood up on it. I tied the noose around one of the supports on the ceiling, duct taping it for good measure.

I put my head through the noose. Thirty seconds. I stuck the note I wrote earlier on my hand.

I took a few breaths to calm myself down. I knew I wanted to die, but it's still sort of scary.

Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

"Ding dong bing bong"

I stepped off the chair, the rope tightening around my neck.

Kokichi's arms caught me when I fell.

(Word Count: 1166)

Sorry :p