3. Ugh, I'm Gonna Be Useless

Kokichi's POV

I'm the Ultimate Supreme Leader, I shouldn't be running away from a conflict! But It's more than that. Of course it is. If I get in with Shuichi and manage to woo him or whatever to save my sorry skin from this disease, I'd be forced to break up with him cause of his tag-alongs. They would never approve. I guess I just don't want to make matters worse with those two. Also, my head hurt and I didn't want to deal with their infuriating yelling and insults. As I walked up to my door, I felt that familiar ache in my chest. Great. Just FUCKING GREAT! I cleared my throat to try and slow the coughing, which may have worked if the devil themself wasn't walking behind me. And when I say devil, I don't mean it. It was a figure of speech.

"Um... Kokichi? Are you alright?"

I spun around to meet the face of my potential enemy, only to look into their beautiful golden eyes and realize it was my beloved Shumai (Kokichi you simp!). I sighed in relief, only for my breath to hitch in my throat. I choked out two tiny petals.

"Does this answer it?!" I whisper-yelled, talking much more harshly than I intended.

"Sorry, I'm just not feeling well." I apologized. I then realized that I wasn't acting like the Kokichi everybody in this hellhole of a school knew. But I decided against putting my mask on again. I was too tired to worry about it, and Shuichi was trustworthy.

"Ah, do you want medicine or something? I can get you water or food... I can try to make soup too! Although I should probably ask Kirumi for help... or-!"

"Can you just keep me company?" As soon as I said that, I covered my mouth quickly.

"N-nevermind, you don't have to."

"I can. I already investigated every inch of this place and found anything I'd need. I have some spare time, so I'll hang out! It'll be so... ch-chill" Shuichi stuttered a little.

I laughed at his attempt to come off as 'cool' or whatever. He was so cute. My breathing hitched again as I continued to cough, a smattering of pink blood appearing on my hand, along with a small, dark blue sunflower bud.

"We should really get you some rest! Open your door so you can go in and sleep!" Shuichi rushed me in as soon as the lock clicked. I trudged to my bed and flopped onto it. I inhaled the air from my sheets. I then panicked, just a little bit. Shuichi. And me. Alone. In my room. I'm sure my face was blushing like crazy. Good thing my face was in the pillow, or I probably wouldn't hear the end of it from Saihara-chan. 'Do you have a fever? You look so warm! Let me help.' Blah blah blah. Nevertheless, I still smiled at the thought. Maybe it would be alright to be taken care of once in a while. As I drifted off to sleep, my dreams were filled with bright sun, green grass, and warm, golden eyes instead of the usual nightmares. Ugh, I'm gonna be useless for the class trial.

Shuichi's POV

"Kokichi? Kokichi are you asleep?? Already?" I poked his cheek. Wow, he must have been completely exausted. I couldn't blame his though. It seemed rough, Hanahaki. I sighed, my entire being aching. I brushed purple hair out of Kokichi's closed eyes and went to get a few things. I headed toward the kitchen, my steps filled with purpose. If I was gonna take care of Kokichi, I'm gonna do a damn good job of it!

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I decided to go to the kitchen first to get some painkillers, water, maybe some soup, all that jazz. I made sure to leave Kokichi's room unlocked so I wouldn't have to wake him back up when I had to come back. I started by trying to make some soup, since that would take longest. I am definitely not the best cook, so I should have really gotten some help with it, but I was a stubborn idiot and decided not to. I started by getting broth, chicken, vegetables, seasonings, and whatever else I thought would fit in a soup. I put it all in a probably too-small pot and turned the stove on to the highest setting. For SOME REASON I thought I would be fine, but I didn't realize my mistake until later.

With the 'soup' cooking, I went to get some painkillers from the place where painkillers are. I decided to grab a bunch just in case Kokichi wanted chewables or swallowing one or ones that dissolved. I had four bottles with me in total as I walked back to the kitchen.  When I got there, I dropped all the bottles is shock.

The soup was mostly on the floor and all boiling over. Great. I quickly hurried to the stove and turned the flame off, burning my finger in the process on the metal pot. I took in sharp breath of pain.

"Oww..."

"Saihara-kun, what are you doing here? And what is this mess?!" I turned to see none other than the Ultimate Housekeeper, Kirumi Tojo, walking in. I grimaced in shame. I can't do anything. How useless...

"Hhhhhh... okay get up and run your hand over cool water. Then put some bandages on. I'll clean up this mess. Why where you making soup anyways?" Kirumi questioned, getting cleaning supplies out from seemingly nowhere.

"Uh... it's... um... CLASSIFIED!" I yelled way too loud. "But... if you could help me make some more, that would be great?" I offered a hesitant smile.

Kirumi sighed, then nodded.

"There isn't much more for me to investigate, and I assume you are the same... okay, I will help."

"Thank you Kirumi!!" I could have ran up and hugged her right now.

So here I am, outside Kokichi's door with chicken soup, pain medicine, and water all balanced on a tray in my hands. I opened the door that I left propped open with a book and walked inside.

I could see a small purple haired boy snuggled in the covers, looking cute as ever, peek out at me. I could tell he just woke up, given his sleepy state.

"Good morning, Kokichi. I brought a few things for you." I set the tray I had on the table. "Choose whichever meds you want to take if you aren't feeling so hot. I didn't know what you preferred, so I just brought a bunch!"

Kokichi nodded sleepily and popped the chewable ones in his mouth. I smiled. He really was just a child inside.

"Shuichi, what happened to your hand?" He pointed at the bandages on my fingers and palm.

"Oh, just from-"

"Alrighty guys, I'm getting pretty bored of you doing nothing here, so I'm gonna start the class trial. Come down to the red door! Don't be late!" The monitor shut off after Monokuma made his announcement. Ugh, and Kokichi didn't even get to try my soup!

(Word count: 1175)

I did absolutely ZERO editing after I finished writing this because I just wanted to get the chapter out and I'm tired af. I hope you enjoyed this chapter 3! Leave criticism here, and I'll see you for the next one!