Chapter 11: Anniversary

“Morning...” Sehun yawned, walking sluggishly down the stairs. Only to see a huge pillow fort in the middle of the room, he knew right away who to blame. “What in the... Oh Hyomin! Xi Luxuan!”

Being awoken by the sudden yelling, Hyomin and Luxuan popped out of the pillow fort. “What do you want, Thehun...?” Hyomin groaned, stringing her fingers through her hair.

“Why's Sehun already yelling in the morning?” Luhan asked. “Ah! Xi Luxuan, why the hell is Jeon Jungkook hugging you?!” He demanded, his protective brother instinct taking over.

“I also have that problem.” Hyomin said, gesturing to the boy — Kim Taehyung — ‘koala’-hugging her. “Speaking of which, get this idiot off of me!”

Yawning, Luxuan pried the arms from around her shoulders to her waist. “I don't know... I just fell asleep here.”

Here's what happened last night.

“Hyo... Yah Oh Hyomin... Are you awake?” Luxuan asked, poking Hyomin's back.

Hyomin rolled over, opening one eye. “I am now. What do you want?”

“I want water and I don't want to go alone. Come with me.”

Rubbing her eyes, Hyomin sat up and yawned. “Aren't Jungkook and Taehyung downstairs?”

“Yeah... But who knows what they're up to! I need you to control Taehyung, I don't want to be attacked!” Luxuan whined, pulling Hyomin to her feet.

Stumbling to the door, Hyomin reluctantly left their room. The two girls tip-toed down the stairs, after getting a glass of water, they saw and heard nothing odd until they heard footsteps behind them when they reached the staircase.

First thing that came to Luxuan's mind was to turn around and throw the glass of water at the unknown person behind them, so she did. “Gah! What was that for?!”

“J-Jungkook?” Luxuan asked, after Hyomin finally shined her flashlight at the figure that got splash.

“There's me too...” Taehyung complained, also soaked from the glass of water.

Huffing, Hyomin directed her flashlight to the soaked objects in their arms. “Are those pillows?”

“We were making a pillow fort, until we heard footsteps and Taehyung thought it was ghosts, so we hid in the closet.” Jungkook explained, jabbing Taehyung's side.

“A pillow fort in the dark, when it's pitch black? How did that go?” Luxuan asked, taking the flashlight from Hyomin and shined it at the middle of the room.

To say that the fort has been barely built would be an exaggeration. Pillows were everywhere except in the middle of the room. “Pft! You call that a fort?”

“In our defence, we were in the dark.” Jungkook said, throwing aside the soaked pillow in his arms.

“Well, I have a flashlight.” Hyomin said, taking the flashlight back from Luxuan. “So we'll help.”

“So that's what happened.” Luxuan concluded, nudging Jungkook with her elbow.

“Stop it Taehyung...” Jungkook mumbled groggily. “I don't care what you want, I want to sleep.”

Nudging Jungkook again, Luxuan corrected him. “I'm not Taehyung.”

The moment Luxuan finished her sentence, Jungkook's eyes flung open and met with Luxuan's. “L-Luxuan!” He blushed and noticed that everyone was staring at him. “What? Did I do something?”