9

Korra

I watch the strand of Asami's hair disappear behind the door before it closes. She doesn't need to get me anything, her just being here is medicine enough.

"When you told me she was pretty, I didn't think you meant that pretty."

Asami is more than pretty. "She's gorgeous."

"She took it quite well." Kuvira says. "The name situation I mean..."

"Yeah... she did." But right now, I'm thinking she's just being nice to me because that's her job. She'll leave, hand her job to someone else to deal with. She told me she isn't mad but, it's clear that she is. "I've fucked it up with her."

"I don't think you have." Kuvira says. I give her a look and she shrugs with a sigh. "Okay maybe a little bit but it's nothing that can't be fixed. Look on the bright side, this is the first nurse that hasn't quit her job in the first few hours."

I want to laugh because I know it's a joke: a very poorly timed one. "Just give her a bit of time to wrap her head around things and she'll be out of this ward in a blink of an eye." I say, trying not to believe my own words but I can't help it.

Kuvira scoffs and takes the remote from the bed, pressing a button to the Tv to turn it on. The news is displayed for a split second before the channel is changed to some Soap Opera, "You're so dramatic."

"I'm being realistic." I fire back.

She tosses me the remote and I catch it easily. "Now you're being blind too, don't you see the way she looks at you?"

I scrunch up my face in confusion, tossing the remote back to her. "Now you're being delusional."

"I think that might be you." She says. "Salo..Salop.."

"Salope folle." I chuckle at her struggles. "I've called you that so many times and you still can't pronouce it."

"Shut up." she says and nudges my shoulder, awakening the pounding headache from earlier. My hands shoot up to clutch at my head, holding my temples to try and soothe the pain but it does nothing. God damnit. "Shit, sorry Korra."

"Don't worry about it." when I finally open my eyes, I'm blinded by the light of the room. It's too light and my head is too much. "Could you close the blinds please? It's a little bright in here."

Kuvira nods and walks towards the window, reaching past the dead flowers to clutch onto the beads. She stops though, peering through the glass and up at the sky. "There's another storm coming." She mutters and closes them. It soothes my headache a little but there's still a pounding pain against my skull. I expected Kuvira to sit down on the seat next to me but she stays stadning, eyes focused on the dead plants on my window sill.

She unzips one of her side pockets and magically takes a water bottle out of it. How it fit in there is beyond my knowledge. She uncaps it and begins to water the poor things. "These are goners, might need to stock up on some more plants Kor."

"There's no point, Lin called my parents and I'm sure my mum will bring a whole field with her."

Kuvira stops the watering. "Oh... are they on their way?"

"Yep and they're going to be pretty upset."

"Do you want me to be here when they are?"

"No, it's alright. They're not staying long I don't think."

"Of course they aren't." She mutters. "You know what pisses me off the most?"

I raise a brow and follow her as she sits down. "What?"