~10~

"I don't know what to do Kourtney! My moms are gonna be gone for a work thing this weekend, Mike is a chaperone. Ricky and I have no one to watch the baby." Nini frustratingly explains through the phone. "I already got my dress." She says with tears ready to fall.

"What about Winter? I thought she was in town until next Tuesday."

"She is but she is spending the weekend in Provo with some friends."

"Well here is an idea..." Kourtney says with a suggested voice.

"What is it? Tell me Kourt I'm desperate."

"Just buy a cute dress and bring Taylor to prom with you guys."

"I don't know Kourtney. What am I supposed to do with her when a slow song comes on and i want to dance with Ricky?"

"Neeners, It's your senior prom you can't just not go. Just give her to one of us. Or you could give her to Mike, he is her grandfather."

"I guess you're right."

"Girl of course I am." Nini laughs at her friend's modesty.

"Ok I will talk to Ricky when he get's home from work." Just then Taylor started crying. "Oh, hey I have to go Tay just woke up from her nap."   

"Okay girl, I'll talk to you later. Let me know what you decide to do."

"I will, love you!"

"Love you too." Nini hung up the phone and went to pick up her baby. She sat down in the bed with her back against the headboard and fed the baby.

30 minutes later

Nini had just laid Taylor down on her play pad in the living room for tummy time while she was in the kitchen making dinner, where she could still see the baby. 

Ricky walked in the door as she was cutting up some carrots. He walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Hi." He whispered.

"Hi honey. How was work?"

"It was okay. I missed my girls." He responded and Nini chuckled.

"We missed you too." She turned her head and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Where's my little princess?"

"Tummy time." He smiled and kissed her cheek before heading into the living room.

"Hi baby girl!" As soon as Taylor saw her dad she giggled and started kicking her legs, with a huge smile on her face. Ricky reached down and picked up the little girl. "Hi my little love." 

Nini put the last of the carrots into the soup and walked into the living room.

"Look it's your mamma."

"Hi baby. Hey I need to talk to you." Ricky looks at her with concern.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is fine."

"Okay then what is it you want to talk about?"

"Prom, I couldn't figure out what we were going to do about childcare. Then Kourtney had an idea, that we just take her with us."

"Take the baby to prom?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"Okay? That's it? No, are you insane? What are you thinking? Is this a good idea?"