~12~

A/N I'm Back!!

I'm so sorry it has been so long I have been crazy busy.

This chapter is a flash to the future. Taylor is now three and Ricky and Nini are Juniors in college.

Also time stamps don't matter

"Dude are you serious?"
"Yes Red, I'm 100% serious. Nini and I have been together for almost five years now and we have a three year old daughter. It's time."
Ricky, Red, E.J., and Carlos are all hanging out in a coffee shop down the street from Ricky and Nini's apartment in NYC. The whole gang had gotten together in New York for a little reunion. Ricky was telling the guys that he was finally ready to pop the question and ask Nini to marry him.
"How are you gonna do it?" Carlos asks.
"I don't know yet, all I know is I want Taylor involved." Ricky says with a smile. " She has been such an incredible blessing in our life and I can't imagine doing this without her."
I think that's great man." E.j. Adds. "I think she changes all of our lives for the better. If I'm being completely honest I think after she was born we all became even closer. I don't know how but I know it's true."
"I completely agree." Big Red says. "I have never seen you happier than when you are with Nini and halve that little girl wrapped in your arms." Ricky smiles and looks down at his lap with a chuckle.
"I can't imagine m life with out them."

***

Nini had been out shopping with the girls and Ricky was home with Taylor. He was in the kitchen making lunch while Taylor colored at the table.
"Tater Tot, can I talk to you for a minute. It's kind of important."
"Am I in twouble Daddy?" Taylor asked with fear in her eyes, looking at her father.
"No honey of course not." Ricky said pulling the little girl into his lap. "You know that I love you and Mommy very very much right?" Taylor simply nods her head. "Good, well I wanted to ask Mommy a very special question. Can you guess what that question is?"
She sits and thinks for a second.
"I don't know Daddy." Taylor says as she shrugs her shoulders.
"Well, I want to ask her to marry me." Taylor's eyes lit up and she threw her arms around her dad's neck and kissed his cheek. "Aww Gracie. I love you sweetheart."
"I yove you too daddy."
"Okay so I'm gonna need your help." Ricky starts to explain his plan, as Taylor listens with wide eyes.

***

The small family is on the plane back home to Salt Lake. Nini thinks that they are just going back to visit their families but little does she know that her boyfriend and daughter have other plans.
The plane eventually lands, Ricky gets the rental car and they make their way to Nini's childhood home.
They pull in the drive way and Carol and Dana immediately come running out the door as Nini gets Taylor out of her car seat
"LOLAS!!" Taylor screams running across the yard to hug her grandmothers.
"Taylor Bug!" Carol yells as she catches the little girl flying into her arms. Nini and Ricky stand back watching with a smile. They love the bond that Taylor has with their parents.
Once they are done hugging the little girl they walked over to their daughter and gave her a big hug.
"Welcome home baby girl." Dana said.
"Thank you Mamas. It's good to be back." They then turned and hugged Ricky.
"Hi sweet boy."
"Hi mamas. It's good to see you." They gave him a smile and helped them carry their bags inside.
"We have your old room all ready for you and Ricky and the guest room is ready for Taylor."
"Thank you mama."

***

Two days later Ricky told Nini to get dressed nice and not to worry about Taylor he already had it covered.
He gets them both in the car and heads down the road.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see when we get there." He says as his hand rests on her thigh. He eventually pulls up to Nini's favorite Italian restaurant.
"NO WAY!" She said with a big smile and wide eyes.
"Yes way, I booked us a reservation last week." She squeals and throws her arms around his neck. He chuckles and hugs her back. They get Taylor out of the car and head inside.
They have a wonderful dinner with laughs, smiles, and beautiful conversations reminiscing over all the special dinners they spent at the restaurant.
Once they finished dinner Ricky takes them to the park where he and Nini spent all of their time as kids. It was just about sunset and Nini was in awe of the view in front of her. Their was a path of rose petals leading to the gazebo where they had their first dance.