30 | Do You Trust Me?

| Y'all know by the title that this shit is about to get romantic 😩 Nothing like that please they're still children 🧍 I know what some of you guys were thinking. 🔫🔫🔫

. . .

Gaara and Keiko walked to the ramen shop in silence. Gaara didn't seem to mind, but Keiko felt a bit awkward. The two hadn't hung out in the past few years, so it felt a bit nice for it to be just them again, but it was so..quiet. Keiko wasn't exactly the expert on starting conversations, and it didn't seem like the red head was going to try either.

Not sure what to say, she let out a breath of air, and spoke randomly. "Have you ate yet?"

Although she had a blank expression she was panicking on the inside, and Rei seemed to be having amusement of her awkwardness.

Gaara looked at her for a second, then looked back to the road. "No."

How the hell am I supposed to respond to that?

"Oh. Alright."

Rei held back a laugh.

"What about you?" He asked, and she felt relieved that the tension wasn't rising as much.

"I had some tea earlier, but that's it."

He said nothing, and they continued to walk. A few people stared at him and muttered things to each other, causing Keiko to glare at them. It wasn't unusual for that to happen. She was sure rumors have spread about Gaara around the village — and they were probably not good. He shot some of them a death glare which caused them to hurry away, and before Gaara could kill someone, they arrived at the ramen shop. It was small, but cute. The two walked in, and the man at the counter turned around to face them.

"Welcome!" he said in a cheerful voice, and the two sat down.

Keiko waved at the man, not quite sure what to say, while Gaara stayed quiet.

"Have you two been here before?" he asked, and she shook her head.

"First time. But, there is a coupon I have." she slid it to him.

"Oh!" he took the coupon and looked back at the two, and grinned. "Well since you two are on a date, it's on the house!"

I love this guy. Order some for me too mkay?

Do you even eat?

Keiko not wanting to lose the free meal, said nothing and just thanked the man. "Arigato."

Again, Gaara said nothing.

The girl next to the man served them water and menus, and Keiko picked her water up while Gaara stared at his. He wasn't sure whether to drink it or not.

"It's not poisoned. Don't worry." she whispered to him, and then turned back to the woman.

"What would you two like to order today?" she asked.

Oops. She didn't think of that one. Keiko looked down at the menu, then back up.

"I'll have a regular Shoyu ramen, with extra noodles please."