Lucie

O'Connell, Eilish (B)

IT'S WEDNESDAY
Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday
Do you really think she's going to show?
What if she doesn't?

The voices rang loudly in my head as I  tried to think of anything but Lucie coming today. The sun was hot today as I watched Calliope throw a ball against the wall. "You have a visitation today right?" She asked looking back at me. "Yeah, Lucie. She's supposed to come at 1" I said going to sit by her against the wall. " How do you feel about it?" She asked as she moved her hair out of her face. " I don't know. I've never had somebody visit me before" I said playing with my thumbs. "Shouldn't be too bad. She's gonna show up right? So thats good" she smiled in my direction.

I smiled back at her and said "yeah". Being optimistic is good right? Just then the bell rang signaling for us to go back inside. Before we got in, I stopped her and whispered in her ear but made it seem like I was giving her a hug. "Did you do that thing for me?" She smirked at me. "Of course I did. Its being done as we speak" she winked before she turned. Great.

The time seemed to go by so slow as I waited for the clock to hit 1. Time went slower, but my mind went faster and faster. I tried reading to keep my mind off of it. Well key word being tried because it didn't fucking work. I sighed heavily as I threw my book across the room.

"..Try writing down your triggers when you feel stuck..." Dalia's voice comes into my head and for once the voices are quiet. Hmm interesting.

I go to pick up my drawing journal and flip to a random page and just start writing. "Maybe I should get another book for this actually" I thought out loud.

I look up at the clock and realize its 12:50pm. "Fuck!" I yelled as I scrambled out of bed to try and get ready. I combed my hair and tried to look at least a bit more presentable. I got my books and drawings to show her.  My guard showed up and shackled me as we walked to the visitation area. As we walk there, I started to get nervous and twiddle my thumbs. They unshackled me as I walked in and my eyes quickly scanned the room only to not see her.

My mood completely crashed as I looked again to see if she was coming in or not . Just when I started to give up, she came rushing through the door like someone was chasing her. I smiled and did a little wave as I saw her look at me while they signed her in. Her smile was so big as she came towards me and enveloped me in a huge hug. "Hello, Billie" she whispered in my ear and finally let me go. "Hi Lucie" I whispered back. They let us sit down and then they left so we could talk.

"How's being in this place? Causing trouble?" She asked raising her eyebrows. "Maybe, maybe not" I smiled back. She laughed out loud and rolled her eyes at me. "I have to say, I miss you over there. Nobody's stirring up trouble like you did" she said sarcastically.

"Made any friends yet?" She asked. "Yeah, I have. Her name's Calliope. She's pretty cool. High energy but relatable." "And your therapist?" She looked inquisitive like she was hoping for something good. "Actually,..." I said tilting my head, smiling at her. "Billie" she warned knowing I was messing with her.

"Okay, okayyy. She's okay so far. I tried messing with her the first few  sessions with her, and she didn't budge" I grumbled. She laughed at me  and pushed my hand a little. "Good! I like her already. Don't need you getting overheated and causing damage." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes at her, "yeah, yeah. I have a session with her after this too." The guard signaled to us that we had a few more minutes before our meeting was over. "Give her a chance. Seeing as you still have sessions meaning she's obviously doing something good." She said.

The guard comes back out to get me, and I dont want to leave yet. "Will you come back to see me?" I asked hopefully. "Of course Billie, every week if you want me to. You know when I get off." She comes up to me and gives me a big hug before whispering "Do good, Be good" and then stepping away.

I wave to her as she leaves and then I'm escorted back to my room. An hour later, I get called up again for my session with Dalia. Last week, I called her by her first name, and she kind of paused which means I'm getting somewhere.

Protocol is done and I'm now face to face with my favorite person in this damn place.  She's wearing her usual sweater and dress pants which is a weird combo but it works for her.
"So, I know you got to see Lucie today. How was it?" She asked looking up at me.

"Really good. Being stuck in here I was forgetting about things. I was just fine in my nice little routine of seeing your fine ass everyday" I smirked. "Would you like to make another request for her to come see you?" She asked disregarding what I said.

"Yeah, I would. Every week maybe?" I asked. "You've been doing well so I don't see why not" she replies. "I -uh wrote down that thing you said last time" I said. "Yeah, how'd it work out for you?" She asked. "I felt a bit better after actually" I replied.  "Good. I'm glad" she said smiling a bit.  I got a smile today? Wow.

"Anymore questions for me Dalia?" I asked feeling a little better that I got a reaction out of her. "Is there anything you'd like to talk about specifically?" She replied. " Yeah, you" I said smiling. "This isn't my session Eilish" she remarked. "Okay, fine. Just one. Did you always want to do this?" I inquired.

"Not to this extent I think. But yes, I always wanted to counsel" she replied before getting up to go to her desk. My session was over and it really flew by. "I'll see you next week Eilish" she said. "Billie. You can call me Billie. Since we're on a first name basis and all, Dalia" I replied winking. "Goodbye, Billie" she quietly replied.

I got back to my room and found a bag on my bed. "Perfect" I grinned. Time to get to work.

◇◇

Okay, hear me out. School. That is all. Don't hate me

~K 💕