Hits the Fan

-O'Connell, Billie

"I'm fucking nervous." I whisper to no one in particular. Lucie told me that Finneas would be coming to see me today. On the outside, I look fine but on the inside its like my head is under water.

"You ready Eilish?" I hear Todd ask me. "Yeah" I say back. "Let's get this over with" I say wringing out the bottom of my sweatshirt. Todd checked my cuffs before we move down the hall to the visitation room. I stop before entering.

"You not ready?" He says. "Where's Dalia?" I ask as I feel a tic trying to surface. "Her session before this ran a little longer" he says. "Fuck" I whisper as the tic comes up along with another. "Give it a minute. Breathe" Todd says to me in a calm voice.

After a few minutes, I got it under control. "Thanks" I say to Todd. "No problem, kid. You think you're gonna be good now?" I nod. "Alright, let's go " he says signaling for me to go first.

I get in and I see Lucie and my brother. He looks the same, just older. He looks up when we walk in and smiles at me a little. I look over at Lucie and she looks determined about something. I really hope she won't beat my ass in front of Todd.

She might

Todd removes my cuffs and then let's me sit. I got to roam freely before and it was nice not having cuffs on all the time. Except I fucked up Wyatt so here we go again. The table is really quiet. So Lucie breaks the silence by clearing her throat.

"A little bird told me you had your privileges revoked. Already Billie? What'd I say last time?" She says looking at me expectantly. I rolled my eyes slightly before answering. "To be good" I sigh. "And then what do you do?" She comes back. "Fuck up a psychologist" I mumbled.

"You did what!?" She exclaims. "You didn't know?" I say laughing out loud now. "You assaulted a psychologist? Billie" she says disapproving. "He deserved it! He was talking shit" I said fixing myself to be more comfortable in my chair. "And guess who also decided to show up that day? Your mother" I say directing my tone to Finneas.

"What'd she say?" He asks me. " She said your father was sick and not doing well or something like that" I reply. Wait a minute. I narrow my eyes at him and tilt my head. "Why are you here?" I say. "I just found out where you were. They kept everything from me. I found out about Eudoxy on a whim. They don't talk about you. I asked every time I saw them for you. I've been overseas for college and work."

"You could've came back for me. You promised. And then you just disappeared." I say to him. "Im so sorry. I'm back now Billie. And I promise, I'm not leaving again" he says to me seriously. I look at him from across the table and then look at Lucie. Who's looking at me like I should give him a response.

"So you're not here to try and convince me to give a shit about our parents?" I question. "Nope, not at all. They weren't parents to you" he says. Good. We ended up talking more about what he did while he was gone. He got into music production and songwriting officially. And has a fiancee named Claudia.

Our visitation ended and it was kind of nice. Lucie joined in on the conversation and got to know Finneas more. I was kind of happy he came to see me. My session with Dalia is coming up and I can't wait to tell her about it.

"See? That wasn't so bad" Todd says after we leave. "Yeah, yeah" I said rolling my eyes.

-Roberts, Dalia

I hope Billie's visit with her brother goes well. I've been finishing up with more paperwork for the newer patients I've gotten. They're supposed to be finding a replacement for Wyatt soon; thank God.

He's still in the hospital and they don't know when he'll be coming out. I'm sure he'll be fine though. As I'm finishing up, I hear a knock at the door. I check the time and realize that it's time for Billie. I clear my desk and open the door for Todd to bring her in.

She walks and sits down and immediately says "my brother came to see me." Her tone is normal. She's not giving anything away but I can see a little smile. " Uhuh, and?" I say waiting for her to continue.

"He seems nice. He's still the same person like when I was younger." She replies. "I think he'll visit me more now that he knows where I am."

"How does that feel? Having somebody from your family come visit you?" I ask her. She thinks about it for a second before answering. "It's weird. For so long, I thought they hated me. That he hated me. Why else wouldn't he come to see me? But now that I know I was wrong, it feels...good" she explains.

"That's good. So now that you know the truth, would you want him to visit you more often?" I ask her. "Yeah. I've missed so much time with him. I'm not getting any younger, just hotter so might as well" she smirked. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her.

_______

This week's been stressful, but I can't say Billie's playfulness didn't help improve it just a little. I was just packing up my things to go home when I got called again into Walburn's office. I sighed mentally and physically as I trudged my way in the direction.

"Sit down Roberts" He sounds serious. "Wyatt has had a rather hard recovery from his injuries and wants to press charges against us. His recovery could take months and him being the bastard he is, wants to cash in on that " he says to me. I stayed quiet as I processed the information. Billie actually dangerously harmed someone. "Wha- what does that mean for Eilish?" I ask afraid of the answer.

"Eilish will be put into solitary confinement again for her remaining time. Her remaining.. wait. Regardless, the press will have a field day with this and we can't have that kind of publicity or our funding will be reduced. We also cant have word getting out that our patients are extremely dangerous and harm people to this extent" He replies. "So there's only one option."

"Eilish will be transferred to another facility overseas"

I'm sorry...

"And you're going with her"

The fuck!?

"Sir, I can't just leave here. My family is here." I state. "Your sister is in college, I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself for a few days or so."  "You are the only person Eilish is even remotely nice to. You're going and thats final. You'll be paid accordingly." He says before dismissing me.

♤♤

I'm back! Not sure for how long but here's another chapter. Hope you all are well!

Thoughts?

~ K 💕