Chapter 2

San took in a sharp breath and Wooyoung nearly choked on his spit before laughing.

"I don’t think so. Why?"

"Because everyone at school has a Mommy and a Daddy and I only have one Daddy and I want the pretty man to also be my Daddy."

San glanced at Yongbok through the rearview mirror and his heart broke a tiny bit once he realized that his son was starting to notice those kinds of things.

"I don’t think he can, little one. Maybe one day you can have two dads."

Yongok wasn’t going to have any of it and instead began whining in the back seat.

"But I want himmmmmm! Please Daddy?! I can share my room with him! I can even use the money from my piggy bank to buy him things! Or we can put him in your room!"

Wooyoung held a hand clamped tightly over his mouth to hold in his laughter and turned to look out the window so they wouldn’t see the amused tears forming in his eyes.

"No. I don’t think that is possible," San replied, keeping his eyes on the road. "You can’t just ask for things like that, Yong. You don’t even know his name and you can't call him "the pretty man" forever."

"But I DO know his name!" Yongbok whined.

Wooyoung wondered how the five-year-old knew his name and San wondered when his son had the opportunity to ask for the younger male’s name. He doubted he had heard during the meeting considering he was distracted staring at him instead of listening.

"Oh? Do you?" San asked. "Well let me hear it then."

"His name is Daddy!"

Wooyoung didn’t have enough time to cover his mouth and started laughing so hard the tears pooled down his face. San snorted and glanced at Wooyoung who was clutching his stomach as he leaned against the dashboard to calm down.

"I’m sorry but you can’t have him," San said. "And no, his name is not daddy."

"Well, I will move in with Binnie because he has two daddys. Don’t worry, I will still come visit you."

San rolled his eyes at his son but remained quiet.

"You can call me Woo," Wooyoung smiled, turning to look at Yongbok in the back seat. 

That seemed to make the child happy and he nodded in excitement.

"I will take Daddy Woo to school when I have show and tell."

"No, you can't."

Yongbok was about to start complaining again when Wooyoung spoke up, interrupting the complaints that were about to errupt.

"Right there. By that apartment complex."

San glanced at it and memories started flooding in when he saw the building. It was the place where he lived for several years and the place where he raised Yongbok by himself for nearly three years.

"I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what number do you live in?" San asked.

Wooyoung found that a kind of strange question but answered nevertheless.

"In room One-Two-Seven."

San had a large grin when he heard the number and Wooyoung wanted to ask why but he decided against it and got off the vehicle with a thankful bow before walking into the apartment. The moment Wooyoung disappeared, San's grin disappeared and he turned to face Yongbok in the back seat.

"Don’t think you’re off the hook, little boy. When we get home we will have a talk."

The ride was eerily quiet and Yongbok knew the only way off the hook was to fall into a deep sleep. Luckily for him, it was Friday so he didn’t have to do homework that night. Getting as comfortable as possible, he lay on the seat and forced his brain to shut down so he could sleep.