Unusual Contrary Sense

They say that life gives you something unexpectedly. You wish for something that you want, something that you think you need the most but it always comes with something you never expected to be what you really need.

Wendy never felt that she needed something in her life. She just goes with the flow in what happens in her life or she can be too controlling that she wants everything to be organized as what she wanted to. It's hard to be greedy, that's what she believes so she just uses what life gives her.

"You what?!"

Wendy exclaimed when Seulgi, her best friend, told her that she's already dating someone. As far as her mind can remember, Seulgi is not seeing anyone. Seulgi just likes to eat all day and sleep after eating. A typical bear.

"Aish, Wendy, I'm already in my twenties. What do you think I should do? Keep typing in front of my computer?" Seulgi looked at her as she typed the last word for her report next week.

"What?"

Seulgi just shakes her head and leaned on her. "You want to meet her?"

Her best friend asked and she just nodded. It's fine, I guess. Seulgi gets her phone and shows her a picture of a pretty girl with a joyful smile. She definitely can tell that the girl is a bit taller compared to Seulgi. With its whole body picture showing off the legs.

"Nah! You're kidding. Why would that pretty girl waste her time on you?"

She felt Seulgi lightly punch her arm which she immediately patted. Seulgi just crossed her arms and glared at Wendy.

"I met her online but it turns out we have a common friend. How about this, let me introduce you to her other friends? For sure some of them will be your type. She's a bit of an IT girl."

"I'm not interested."

Well, she's a bit interested. Just a little bit. She's been single her whole life. No wonder she's getting jealous now of Seulgi. The girl seems to be happy with her newly found love life.

Now Wendy, she just felt she needed something in her life, that for the first time, what she thinks she actually wanted was someone. Maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy seems to be kinda pissed and off the hook when she answers her phone that's been ringing for a few minutes now. It's the weekend. She is supposedly sleeping the whole day but instead she's eagerly trying her best to talk to the person who just called to awfully ruin her weekend morning.

"Wendy! Where are you?! Let's meet up!"

Wendy immediately recognized the voice and she forcefully covered herself again with her three-weeks old blanket. It's surely smelly and Wendy isn't bothered by it. She is bothered by the call. "What the?! Seulgi, find another person to bother, okay? I'm sleeping and it's the weekend!"

"I'm coming to your house. Okay, I can already see your doorbell. Yah! Get up!"

And the call ended. She was going to go back to her favorite dreamland but unfortunately her doorbell seems to be broken as it keeps on buzzing and banging her whole apartment. There's even a tune to it! It's really an annoying sound. She's thinking of changing its sound or better yet remove it so no one can disturb her sleep. As much as she hates to get up, she almost crawled to her not so clean carpeted floor that hasn't been vacuumed since then just to reach the front door. The unidentified small being welcomed Seulgi with a death glare topped with an ultra laser beam.

"Change your clothes now and take a bath, Wendy."

Seulgi casually enters the house and sits on her couch and just turns on the television. She's hugging the pillow and looking at the unidentified small being. "Yah! Why are you still standing? Take a shower now or we will be late. Oh God, you stink!"